Another great day!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
I met up with Mikewaz and Bill-T again this morning for some old coin hunting. When I arrived, they were already there and of course Bill-T, being the beast he is, had already scored some silver in a short amount of time. I had done well here last week but I had a harder time getting my coil over the oldies today. I dug a religious pendant as my very first signal. I took a photo of it but for some stupid reason the SD card and the slot it goes into on my computer are not seeing eye to eye.

I decided to stray a bit and hit some thick vegetation. It was rough and I was about to give up when I got a nice quarter signal. When I dug the plug, I saw a nickel pop out and into the hole. What the crap? I saw it was a '64 Jeff. I thought my M6 was going crazy for a second until I re-checked the hole. Bam! Perfect quarter signal. I didn't get too excited since a '64 nickel could have been with any quarter, but what a smile I had when I saw that silver reeded edge of a 1960 Washington.

After a while, we went to a nearby spot to try out luck there. Immediately I got a funky bouncy deep signal and dug a corroded '23 buffalo at 8 inches. In the hole with it was a wheatie. Second of four pocket spills for the day...

Bill-T scored, and then Mike scored, so then I was the only one who hadn't pulled a silver out of this place. I found a little area where I found a small bunch of wheaties strewn about, deep. After my fill of wheaties, I walked to the far end of the area where I figured a lot of people may not have focused on. I got a 4-inch penny signal and was elated to dig a '39 merc. After "lunch" and a quick break, I went back to that area and found my third pocket spill of the day: a '26 merc and the sharpest buffalo I've ever found, a '34 (can't tell from the scan).

I left Bill and Mike to the elements as I left to go home, anticipating the arrival of my new 6x10 DD coil, which ultimately didn't arrive. It was really nice to be outside today, not too many others out due to the grey skies and cool air, but that's just perfect for me! Hopefully, I'll have the new coil by next weekend, I'm dying to try it out. I think that if I'm able to get better separation in these trashy areas, I can pull a few more slick oldies out. Time will tell.

Have a great week bros!

Joe

Wheats are: '53-D, '35, '29, '42, '51-D, '47-D, '19-D, and '42-D. I also found a '40 Jeff in the same hole as a tiny bronze or copper lipstick tube.

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 143

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul Joe!

When you get that small coil you should pull some nice goodies in those trashy areas :thumbsup:

Take care,
Mark

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Joe
Nice little haul today....

Silver is always good.....

My last 5 hunts have been nothing but 36 wheat pennies and some tokens....Now those were " Meager " ;D ;D

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Wow, what a great haul of coins Joe! :thumbsup:

Yep, the best thing about the new coil (beside everything else I mentioned before) is you'll be able to go back to all those great places that seemed to dry up. Looking for new sites takes up a lot of my time.

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats there Twisted ......Mighty nice digs.....Keep it up Bud

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice hunt again Joe!
Not a bad haul for a super trashy place that's been pounded to death. Here's a toast to Fall and the cool, overcast, nasty days to come. :coffee2:
Mike

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU SURE ARE FINDING ALOT OF GREAT COINS LATELY!! :headbang: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions