Another Great Hunt/6-4-09

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the same site I hunted yesterday and hunted it with a couple of buddies. The 3 of us hit the site around 10:00 am and hunted it really well. Paleojoe left around 2:30 and my other buddy and I stayed around to almost 5:00 pm. I had another great hunt. I found another Flint Chisel, but this one is a little bigger and better than the one I found yesterday. The one I found today is 3 7/8 inches long and is a much better example as well. I didn't have the camera since it rained on us pretty steady almost the entire day. The finds of the day though were two items I found. The first is a sweet little Shell Pendant that was just barely peaking out of the ground. I caught just a glimpse of the hole and was really surprised when I pulled it out of the ground. The second was a Drilled Tooth that had been made by cutting a molar in half and grinding the cut edge flat and then drilling it. It the first one I have found like that. I also found a nice Shell Disc, a couple nice points and the usual array of broken Triangles.

Paleojoe found a Marginella Shell Bead and a killer little serrated Triangle and my other buddy found a Shell Disc Bead, a Bone Bead, a Deer Antler Arrowpoint, and a couple of really nice points. All in all we all had pretty decent days.

Pic 1 is the days finds.

Pic 2 is Beads, the Shell Pendant, and the Drilled Tooth.

Pics 3, 4, and 5 are close ups of the Pendant and Tooth.

Pic 6 is the Flint Chisel from today.

Pic 7 is of both of the Flint Chisels with the new one on the left. Both have really nice polish on the bits.

Attachments

• Goldcamp02.jpg
    Goldcamp02.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 286
  • Goldcamp03.jpg
    Goldcamp03.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 281
  • Goldcamp05.jpg
    Goldcamp05.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 282
  • Goldcamp06.jpg
    Goldcamp06.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 287
  • Goldcamp07.jpg
    Goldcamp07.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 274
  • Goldcamp08.jpg
    Goldcamp08.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Goldcamp12.jpg
    Goldcamp12.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 285
Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys.

Jeff, no I never have found anything made from Flourite. I don't think any of my buddies have either.

tchaire

Oct 4, 2004
Love your finds dorkfish...the drilled hole items you post are amazing. You have me picking
up every piece of bone, shell, tooth, etc. and examining them for holes.

T.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dorkfish
You guys ever thought about publishing all your bone finds? Me thinks you could do well with a book on fort ancient. Nice hunt and great pictures as always.
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread