Another H3Tec Ripoff -- Stealing intellectual property from another company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy(CA)

Sep 24, 2004
Another ripoff by Chuckie and his band of H3Tec con artists. This time they decided to rip-off a large electronics
company, Hewlett Packard, rather than pay his lawyer a fee to come up with their own boiler plate.

However, this time someone screwed up and in their haste at Search/Replace missed one instance (probably because
of the hypen) and published it without checking it.

I'm sure they'll eventually catch it when someone brings it to their attention, but I saved an image. ::)

Here is the Hewlett Packard nee, H3Tec Privacy Policy & Terms of use: http://www.h3tec.com/TERMS.html

And here is what it currently looks like:
H3Tec.jpg

OP
OP
Rudy(CA)

Rudy(CA)

Sep 24, 2004
woof! said:
At one time (and possibly still are?) they were claiming ownership of the "Treasure Tracker" trademark, which is in fact my company's registered trademark.

--Toto

The Treasure Tracker Trademark is owned by First Texas Products, LLC of El Paso TEXAS. :coffee2:

OP
OP
Rudy(CA)

Rudy(CA)

Sep 24, 2004
SWR said:
woof! said:
At one time (and possibly still are?) they were claiming ownership of the "Treasure Tracker" trademark, which is in fact my company's registered trademark.

--Toto

Something like this...eh?

Trademarks with the "™" symbol are usually not registered with the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). It is frequently used to "show intent to register" the service mark. In effect giving notice to other companies in the field of your intentions and establishing a date of first use.
You can then make an official filing with the USPTO, pay your money and get the right to use the coveted "®".

However, it is inexcusably sloppy on the part of a company to dispense with a Trademark search to see if the service mark is already taken in the field of use, before slapping a "™" on their intended mark.

This is another fine example of the lack of any ethical standards on the part of H3Tec and their principals/

hung

Jul 16, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tubedec A9000, Mineoro FG90, OKM Bionic X4
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.
And what just skepheadCarl and whites exactly did against poor Minelab regarding intelectual properties???

It's a never ending 'skepheads production presents' comedy show! :laughing7:

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That must be a very expensive corporate legal firm working for h3tec. The same ones that were going to sue everyone for not being nice to Chuckie? That must be the renowned firm of Dewie, Cheatum and Howe. Next thing you know Hung and the gang will be puking all over themselves saying that h3tec is lining up their legal team to sue whoever hacked the h3tec web site and put up fraudulent legal notices. Who's going to be first to ignore reality and take a stab at it?

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saturna said:
LOL, that would be a good H3tec corporate slogan.

Ignore Reality
Annual license fees and other made up costs required

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Anyone tip off HP? I bet they would love to know people are plagerizing there work. Get a big company like that breathing down H3Tecs neck may be what is needed to wake everyone up???

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Better Business Bureau's oneline Privacy Program
http://www.bbb.org/us/bbb-online-business/
Use our safe shopping site to find businesses participating in BBBOnLine. Businesses displaying the Accredited Business seal online have been determined to comply with the BBB Code of Business Practices, including its online standard. Currently, there are 142393 Web sites displaying the BBB Accredited Business seal.

End of fake thread...

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
aarthrj3811 said:
Better Business Bureau's oneline Privacy Program
http://www.bbb.org/us/bbb-online-business/
Use our safe shopping site to find businesses participating in BBBOnLine. Businesses displaying the Accredited Business seal online have been determined to comply with the BBB Code of Business Practices, including its online standard. Currently, there are 142393 Web sites displaying the BBB Accredited Business seal.

End of fake thread...

What the heck does this have to do with what he posted? How is this fake Art. They did steal HP's Privacy Policy. Do you not see this?

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Welcome to the real world werleibr..It is just common “boiler plate” rules that are used by 1000’s of companies ...Art

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Except art that they have not really done the work. The other companies will write them for how it relates to their company.

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Hope this forum stays up for a little bit. H3Tec has now changed there Terms of Use. They have removed the HP references, however did not update there revised date. Hope those that took screenshots still have pictures saved incase HP may need them?
I know I saved a copy of the webpage for them if they need it. Now why did this happen. Well I sent an e-mail to HP to inform them and this is what i got in reply.

Thank you sending this to us. Our investigation department is handling at this time.

Thanks again!

Privacy
JC

Privacy is an important issue to HP that we take very seriously. We are committed to respecting your wishes for privacy to the best of our ability.

This message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately. You must not copy this message or use it for any purpose, nor publish or disclose its contents to any other person. This message is for information only and is provided on an "AS-IS" basis without warranty of any kind.

HP Privacy

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 10:48 AM
To: Privacy
Subject: HP Privacy Feedback

Subject: Privacy
Message: Dear HP, I thought I would bring to your attention that another website and company is utilizing your information. The company H3Tec has been utilizing your Privacy Policy. This is why I utilized the subject Privacy for this e-mail as I could not figure out who else to contact. There Privacy Policy is found at http://www.h3tec.com/TERMS.html . If you read the Bold print you will see your company's name. Also if you click the link for H3 TEC Online Privacy Statement it will redirect the person to your Privacy Statment. I hope that if this is not sent to the right e-mail that you will forward it on to your Lawyers.

Sent: 2011-09-26 15:48:29Z (GMT)

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thanks werleibr~...I am sure that the HP Lawyers will be rolling on the floor...You guys must enjoy being laught at./..Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread