Another Little Silver to Close out the Weekend [emoji106]

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey all!

Finally got my brother Washingtonian Jr out today. We haven’t hunted together since early November so we were overdue for a joint outing.

I had a pretty solid day! Got a 19-D Merc (first time finding that year/mint combo), 6 wheats (oldest is 1919), and a shiny looking gold plated ring.

CD486A25-94B7-42F9-900E-89E8883CC269.jpg 528EBCB2-FAFD-47F7-A530-C9EFB6639F3B.jpg
519D44C3-EAFC-4330-9113-E1D7A0552B43.jpg
D201FD29-9D53-41C9-994C-B5146D47123E.jpg
2210BE58-2116-489E-9180-96E94C3AECB1.jpg
31CEB778-FFDD-4B9E-851B-35CE655F4A7C.jpg

Longtime forum members know that my brother doesn’t get out as much as me but tends to outshine me when he does. I’ll leave the show and tell to his coming post but let me just give you this cliffhanger; it’s big and it’s silver.

Feel free to talk trash to me Joe-Dirt and Carolina Tom. I’ve prepared my mental state for your barbs [emoji13]

Oh and last thing, some lady tried to tell us off the sidewalk strips at the end of our hunt. It was humorous. I was feeling salty after an unsuccessful day of house hunting (trying to buy a house right now) so I wasn’t back down from no one. Here’s a recap:

Her (H): what are you doing?!? Digging holes?
Me (W): huh?
H: You’re digging holes!! What are you doing?!?
W: Just looking for historic items; buttons, tokens, coins.
H: You think you can just dig holes here and do that?
W: *no comment, just keeps looking for target*
H: Are you gonna fill in your holes?!?
W: *gestures behind me* See any problems here?
H: who gives you the right to do this?
My Brother (WJ): It’s city property.
H: Exactly!! I could file a complaint.
W: We talk to cops all the time, they don’t mind, in fact...
H: *butts in* I have friends that are cops too! I’m also friends with the guy who owns the Jiu Jitsu studio across the street! [emoji35]
W: Okay. The cops don’t care. They ask how we’re doing and what we’re finding. My brother and I are just trying to enjoy some time together today. Why are you threatening us?
H: I just think you should acknowledge me when I’m walking by. I’m retired. It’s a respect thing.
W: *staring holes into her*
H: This here is in front of the multiplex but I live in the condo next door and you should talk to us before you do something like this! People like me could be terrified and my dog likes to poop here. I don’t want him pooping on you.
W: *staring holes into her still* have a good day ma’am. *pits headphones back on*

My brother and I had quite the laugh lol.

Have a good night folks!
-W

Last edited:
Upvote 16

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't say for sure...but I think she was hitting on you.

Seriously though, it sounds like you and your brother had a great day first detecting together and then getting to enjoy a comedy show...

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately some people are paranoid and you digging holes near where she lives is seen as some kind of a threat to her. It is unreasonable and down right stupid if you understand how we operate, filling our hole, taking away trash, returning lost items and in my case burying the poop that irresponsible pet owners leave near any hole that I dig.

Glad you had fun and success. Keep swingin.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great recap! These people are everywhere. I'm glad I don't deal with them too often.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for egging on our first Celtic Gold of the year!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Invite her to detect! :dontknow:

You handled it very well, congrats! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day with some cool finds hope the area with the stairs turns out to be where an old house was your brother got a nice Walker those are some sweet finds keep em coming yep there are people who think they own those strips the neigborhood watch has to keep an eye out for interlopers such as yourselves un savory characters her dog has to poop where your digging you should have pooped and said well if your dog can why cant I keep up the great posts thats funny Good luck on finding a cool house. Tommy

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Lady needs to be put in an insane asylum. Made for an entertaining day! Lol

Lol too true. She had a serious bee in her bonnet.

Nice early Merc and funny conversation.

Yeah! Always good to find something from the teens. Thanks!

great recap! These people are everywhere. I'm glad I don't deal with them too often.

Thanks! Haha, yeah. That's definitely the biggest downside of sidewalks.

Thanks for egging on our first Celtic Gold of the year!

Heck yeah! Glad to be of use :)

Nice Merc!

Thank you!

Invite her to detect! :dontknow:

You handled it very well, congrats! :occasion14:

Haha something tells me she would've struck me. Thank you!!

Great day with some cool finds hope the area with the stairs turns out to be where an old house was your brother got a nice Walker those are some sweet finds keep em coming yep there are people who think they own those strips the neigborhood watch has to keep an eye out for interlopers such as yourselves un savory characters her dog has to poop where your digging you should have pooped and said well if your dog can why cant I keep up the great posts thats funny Good luck on finding a cool house. Tommy

Thanks Tommy! The stairs were only a little spot unfortunately and my brother nabbed the one good find from there haha. Oh well, there is always more ground to be hunted!!

:laughing7:Some people just have nothing better to do than complain. Nice hunt.

Too true my friend. She needs a hobby lol.

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
That woman needs to get her medication adjusted.
Congrats on your finds.

Thank you! Yeah, some sedatives would do her well lol.

I can't say for sure...but I think she was hitting on you.

Seriously though, it sounds like you and your brother had a great day first detecting together and then getting to enjoy a comedy show...

Oh God. I'd rot before I'd touch her lol. Thanks! It was a fun time.

Unfortunately some people are paranoid and you digging holes near where she lives is seen as some kind of a threat to her. It is unreasonable and down right stupid if you understand how we operate, filling our hole, taking away trash, returning lost items and in my case burying the poop that irresponsible pet owners leave near any hole that I dig.

Glad you had fun and success. Keep swingin.

Yeah, a lot of people get all defensive and then get irate and completely clueless. As she's sitting there yelling at me asking if I'm going to fill in my holes I'm thinking "do you see all the pristine grass behind me? Can you even tell where I've been? Did you even observe or think before berating me?". Thanks for the encouragement!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your back and forth with the nosey neighbor was a riot! Thanks for helping me to end my day with a good laugh! Dig on Washingtonian, dig on!!!

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That Merc is in pristine condition. Gotta love it when those pop out of the ground!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the Merc, Wash. Sounds like that lady is certifiably nuts !

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

I really enjoy hunts with my younger brother. Like you guys we don't get out as much together as we'd like too.

Yes, I'd fill up an entire thread talking about how many people I've come across in the past 26 yrs hunting. I lost count. I've also kinda lost my patience to.

I let it go for a few mins and try to be decent but it always seems to end up in a I'll do what I want you don't own the property call the police type of deal.

But the older I get I try and just walk away or ignore if I can. But doesn't always happen. If your respectful I have no problem talking. If your an @sshole well I bet you guessed it so am I.

Not to many people bother me I kinda have that look that I may be a criminal so I get left alone for the most part. It's always older women for some reason who give me the hardest time.

Good luck guys.

Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread