Another muzzle loader at garage sale. :-)

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was not found by me, but by a friend, and I bought it from him today. He actually found it at a garage sale yesterday. This one is missing more parts, and the stock is more damaged than mine. The good thing about this one, is that on the butt plate, I'm able to see some numbers. I can make out a 4 and a 5, but the rest is covered by rust, I inspected it very carefully, but there are no other markings. As always, thank you for all of your comments, insights, recommendations, etc.

Atslignger M2.jpg M10.jpg M9.jpg M8.jpg M7.jpg M6.jpg M5.jpg M4.jpg M3.jpg M11.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to have been used as a club !! One must do what needs to be done when threatened !! Even when it means using a rifle as a club. Any number of colorful campfire stories could be attributed to this old muzzle loader. I think my great great grandpa used that gun to club a giant grizzly bear to death when he was attacked on a gold rush wagon train heading west in the 1840s . See the stories are limitless !! Hang that baby over the fireplace and make up a new story every week. I love it. Congrats on a great story piece !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread