Another Myrtle Beach Question

OP
OP
R

Rolo

One more quick thing - should I make sure I have a scoop?

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc
you can hunt to your hearts content, but be aware that they comb the beaches at night. the combing removes alot of the "treasures" and the trash

muddyknees

May 5, 2005
Holden Beach,North Carolina
Rolo yes by all means take a scoop live just up the road from myrtle beach lots of beachs with in a 30 to 40 mile streach you would have to take a long vaccation to hit them all good luck.
muddy knees

submerged

May 20, 2005
Fishkill N.Y.
Having lived there for years a scoop is essential long handled save your back. Go to the biggest hotels I have found most of my finds in the surf at low and slack tides chest deep and less I have hunted the beach for years and not much gold under the surf always produces jewelery.

Good luck HH

Eddie

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Good luck, I just got back from Myrtle beach but didn't get anytime to hunt...Maybe you will find what I missed out on.
Pepperpump ;D

ChadsMach1

Tenderfoot
Sep 30, 2004
Rolo said:
I am headed to Myrtle Beach this month.? Anybody know the rules for detecting the public beaches there??

Any beach combing hints?? I use a DFX but am completely new to the hobby - been using the start and go programs.? I usually hunt a ghost town in the deep woods.

Thanks! ;D

I've been using my Explorer II at Myrtle since I have had it. I use a 15" Coiltek coil on it for beach hunting. Never had a problem until a hotel rent a cop told me that I needed a permit to detect. I made some calls and could find no mention of this "permit".

My last trip down there I popped out a 1942 wheatie at about 10". And of course a hand full of clad.

Still waiting on some gold to pop out of the sand down there :)

Swanie1

May 6, 2003
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & XL500 SEAHUNTER-PULSE
Hey, Rollo,
Did you ever get to metal detect on Myrtle Beach? Did you have any luck, there? My Wife & I are headed for Myrtle the last of Sept. and I thought that I'd take my old Garrett Seahunter Pulse unit with me to try my luck. Did you hunt in wet or dry sand? Are any areas better than others at Myrtle to hunt?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions