Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics. Grass is startin to look good there and the stock looks good too. Do y'all have ranch rodeo out there? (Some folks may not know what that is, but it's not some sort of joke)

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN....we know all about Ranch Rodeo around here. This is the Red Bluff, CA area. This property is an arrow shot from the Growney ranch which is billed as "The Home of Red Rock". Red Rock is the famous bull that was "featured" in the movie "8 Seconds" about the famous bull rider, Lane Frost. Red Rock was ridden 309 times but never for the full 8 seconds, not even by Frost. They retired Red Rock here and there is a picture somwhere of my nephew sitting on his back that was taken at the local fairgrounds. BTW, it was not Red Rock in the movie, it was just an "actor" bull. Didn't even look like Red Rock. We just held the famous Red Bluff Roundup here locally. Google "red bluff roundup" or "red bluff rodeo" and you'll see what kind of area this is. We also have a huge "Bull and Gelding Sale" here every year. All of the "ranch rodeoing" that goes on on this property is accidental or alcohol induced. ;D
As a matter of fact, my granddaughter plans on riding Mocha in the next rodeo parade.

Attachments

• bush&moc.jpg
    bush&moc.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 193
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a few weeks ago there was a small "ranch rodeo" here. My granddaughter and her friend decided to take a ride bareback. The horses in this pic are saddled but these are the 2 horses involed. Mocha, the darker horse, will use his nose to open the gate for you. When they got to the gate, Mocha pushed it open with his nose but the other horse, Gypsy, pushed it back on him pinching his nose between the gate and the post. That startled Mocha and he took off running with my granddaughter's friend holding on for dear life. That in turn startled Gypsy and she took off running. Both girls were thrown. Her friend was ok but my granddaughter suffered some injury to her leg and arm. She's fine now but it goes to show "rodeos" can be spontaneous.

Attachments

• bush&f.jpg
    bush&f.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 188

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farming/ranching is the life for us!! Great pics!

:wink: RR

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right on with that statement Rat. I still know people that won't eat a ranch egg because it didn't come from the store where the "government" regulates sanitation etc.--ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! They think you have to be a professional farmer to grow a crop of anything and I was just recently asked if home-grown beef tasted "gamey". LOL!!!!!! We freeze, can, and pickle our veggies, make jams with our own fruit (or other people's fruit sometimes) and even bake our own bread once in a while. This stuff ALL tastes better than store-bought and how can you argue the price of say 20 or 30 tomatoes costing you the price of a seed? Let's see, maybe $.02? And, guess what?......we don't smoke corncob pipes and the houses have running water; ;D Where have we gone wrong?

ShootTheMoon

Apr 20, 2010
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100, Pioneer 101
Haha.......and I am the one from Alabama.....very much agreed!
Who knew I wasn't married to my cousin, or was barefoot and pregnant 9mths out of the year ;)

GREAT PICS!
I love calves and big ol' Momma cows too, bulls not so much...another time, another story!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh gee did I mess up I bought some non store eggs yesterday from one of the kids on the bus othere buss people an teachers well we all did! :o Any way mine were special the rest got whatever.... mine were a mix of all colors Heheheehe! :hello2:

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Gratz on the new baby Packer! Looks like you lead the good life! Red Bluff, eh? I was raised a few miles north of you in McCloud, right on the base of MtShasta! I have many friends who live in Redding & the surrounding areas, Im hoping to get out there this summer for my class reunion. 8)

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The calf (bull so far) is starting to change color. He's starting to look more dark brown than black. He may end up with the name "Jason" due to his mask as in the "Friday the Thirteenth" flicks. He's cute now but if you were to come across him in an open field after he weighs about 1400 pounds he won't look so helpless. :D
AP.....if you get out this way, let me know; I'll buy you a beer and kick your butt at horseshoes!

Attachments

• jason.jpg
    jason.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 109

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The calf is still cute .... now !

Your grandsons right the pic needed to be posted he did good!

I got gyped on the eggs I didn't get any blue or green ones >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread