Another Newbie To The Forum

S

SteveninPA

Hi all! My name is Steve and reside in Pennsylvania. Little place called Cranberry. I have been detecting for about a year now. I have been swinging an ACE250 but am thinking of getting a Fisher CZ3D. So far, my luck has been minimal. I find nothing but clad. The only older coin I found so far is a Buffalo Nickle that is to coroded to read. Hopefully I will get to find some better stuff to post!!

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum Steven! Looking forward to your future posts!

HH!
TBGO

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, Steven. Welcome to the forum. :)

Lots of PA hunters on TreasureNet. I'm from NW PA too. I've been to Cranberry many times. :)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about only finding clad. You have to look where people were years ago to find the silver. Over lap your sweeps and the finds will come. The Fisher CZ3D is a good machine for the price.

Sandman

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, the information found here can be a great find all in it's own. Like sandman said don't worry about the finds, they will come. Some of my best finds have popped out of the ground when i least expected it.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome Steve,

This is the best metal detecting/treasure hunting site on the web. There is another person on here that is from Cranberry. I am from Pittsburgh. Glad to have you on board with us. There is a great bunch of people here.

Stainless Steet Rat

May 15, 2006
I have only been detecting 2 months myself. I spent my first week digging a shoebox full of trash and only found about 39 cents in my back yard. I was only finding the big trash because it was easy to see when I made the hole. It took me a good 2 weeks to figure out how to pinpoint the targets and make a lot smaller holes and figuring out what was trash and what was good items. I have found that if your the first person to search somewhere you have a LOT better shot to find good stuff. I found a 1917 merc dime, a 1946 quarter and a silver man's ring in my front yard. I have yet to find a silver coin in a local park or school. The one park I went to had 3 people using detectors. The one guy even had a White's Dfx he had found a barber dime out of 3 hours of searching and a LOT of quarters. I figured I would walk the park in a different direction than he did and I found almost 2 dollars in change in 2 hours. To give credit to the Dfx user I only found 2 quarters but I did get a lot of dimes and a lot of newer pennys and a number of nickels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions