Another NIFC question

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Though not in agreement with others on this forum, I still contend that their low mintages will command a premium. The only questions are how much and how long will it take.

Timing is everything.

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I thro em back never liked clad if I knew I could turn em around and use profits for silver I would.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with thurmownator, as long as they are in decent shape, years 2006 -2009 especially since they were 2 million and lower. Not that there is a huge demand for halves from a collector standpoint but long term these will be the harder ones to get. Mintages on S MM are even lower.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I am not so sure these will ever be hard to get in the forseable future. One- they don't really circulate or exchange hands. Kids normally don't carry them in their pockets to lose them at the park. So There are several million and will most likely 20 years from now still be several million hanging around. The only thing that might knock down those numbers is millions of people storing them in their own private stash in the hopes of them being worth something. Of course with any coin the highest mint states will increase in value as time goes by. Other than holding on to a few BU examples I would set them loose.

Golden Silver

LemonThrower

Jun 23, 2008
for the life of me i can't understand why they are not commanding a premium now.

i got a CWR roll today with 16- 2004 and 4-40%.

I don't understand where these are coming from.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread