Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Latest hunting ground still not planted, and still producing.

It has been a lot of years I was waiting for one of these to show, and had my hopes dashed a few times with one of those nasty bridesmaid type shield designed conder tokens... but not this time! :tongue3:

So to date (over many years) I have dug two CT coppers, a VT, Rosa Americana, Machin's Mills, Fugio, and now a 1786 NJ. Obviously I could still find different varieties of each of those, but as for what new one to put on the list I don't even know anymore because they all seem to get so much tougher. I guess I'll just take what comes, because in the end that's what happens anyway.

Also dug an 1834 Shilling which came out pretty good.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20180525_193500.jpg
    thumbnail_20180525_193500.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 122
  • thumbnail_20180526_105049.jpg
    thumbnail_20180526_105049.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 117
  • thumbnail_20180526_105058.jpg
    thumbnail_20180526_105058.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 102
  • thumbnail_20180525_191158.jpg
    thumbnail_20180525_191158.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 90
  • thumbnail_20180525_191231.jpg
    thumbnail_20180525_191231.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 34
Awesome hunt! I really like that shilling. Never got this type as the British silver tend to evade me.
Congrats on the New Jersey!

Congratualtions on the nice hunt! :occasion14:

Very nice finds! We don't get the chance to dig those kinds in the mid-south and it's fun to see them. Congrats! :occasion14:

Great hunt brother! Congrats on your state copper! Loving that shilling too.

Great finds!!....Congrats on the NJ, if you've been waiting years to find one , it must be pretty rare.--JB

Congrats for checking another one off the list-that's always a good feeling.

Excellent hunt
Nice way to end May

your last couple of hunts at that site have been remarkable!
the coins you've been finding lately are better than the toasty discs that we usually find, it'll be sad for you when that spot dries up, it looks like it was a good producer
I'd like to take a crack at it in the fall to see what was missed!

your last couple of hunts at that site have been remarkable!
the coins you've been finding lately are better than the toasty discs that we usually find, it'll be sad for you when that spot dries up, it looks like it was a good producer
I'd like to take a crack at it in the fall to see what was missed!

The Scottish button from last post was down in the area we first hunted, where I dug the Royal Regiment Artillery button. Conditions are very good and there's a lot more iron there than at least I realized. Pretty much every time out I picked a new spot to grid (somewhere in either field) and found stuff... so once the crop is out you can be sure there is more. Heck there's still more right now.... the site is not done giving up, I'm giving up. I wanted to move on to other things a couple of weeks ago but pretty hard when that place was in such good condition to hunt and the farmers were leaving it alone. I'd bet them being this late there's beans going in, so will be good for an all day hunt come late Fall.

Very nice Jersey Copper and Shilling,, I don't have a formal written out bucket list, but I know if I did,, those 2 coins would be on it.
Congratulations on your finds.

I live in NJ and have only found 4 or 5! Haha, you’re on fire with the top-notch variety of finds lately. Arguably a thoroughfare for traveling merchants? And the British psilver is a nice touch

Sweet finds. I got to ditch work someday and get out with you! [emoji2][emoji106]

Didn't think you would've been able to knock one off the list so quickly...as you have been doing this quite a bit....congrats...
...what a pile of musket balls..wow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back