I think we just had one too.

Fossis...............

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
They upped it to 5.6, fossis. Did you feel the one last night?

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
was it strong enough to damage anything or did it just shake things a bit? I live in western ky where the new madrid fault line runs. we have had a couple of light ones, nothing bad, just enough to tell you it was here. one shook me awake one morning. didn't know what it was at first. just heard a low rumble. sounded really spooky.

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
No damage here, closer to the epicenter there was some. It was Okla. biggest ever! Wilzetta fault, or the Seminole Uplift. New names for us Okies!!! I was in a big quake when I was a kid, so I knew almost immediatly what it was! It's got all us Tornado savy folk around here stirred up :laughing9: We all thought it was 'cause of the OSU Cowboy's game! Pokes are shakin' things up!

S

stefen

JudyH said:
;D I'll be sure and mention that to him....he thought the ten penny nails were sufficient.

bignail-1.jpg

Fence spikes are better...come in telephone pole size....bigguns

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Again!!! and for added fun, we have a tornado watch, with a nice line of storms moving through! :headbang:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Again!!! and for added fun, we have a tornado watch, with a nice line of storms moving through! :headbang:

good gravy!! hold on and BE SAFE! Hoping all this mess clears up soon for you!

S

stefen

Lived in the midwest and experienced floods and tornados...moved to Californis and experienced the quakes...

Would rather shake, rattle and roll than lose everything to floods and tornados...

It's rare that a structure in the Pacific Rim is destroyed by a shaker...

Many the houses built prior to the 1930's were post and pier (no perimeter footings)...

Have owned several and no visible damage in the 80 years plus since built...they have experienced hundreds if not thousands of quakes...

A flood destroys everything in its path...and tornados leaves a path of destruction...and the personal losses are devastating...

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Thanks farmer chick, nothing serious, but I guess the potential is always there, so long as no one is injured this is just exciting to me!!

stefen, it seems we are being offered a selection of natural disters here, with the drought being the most disruptive right now, and maybe it's easing up a little.

thanks for the comments :icon_thumleft:

S

stefen

naturegirl said:
Thanks farmer chick, nothing serious, but I guess the potential is always there, so long as no one is injured this is just exciting to me!!

stefen, it seems we are being offered a selection of natural disters here, with the drought being the most disruptive right now, and maybe it's easing up a little.

thanks for the comments :icon_thumleft:

We forget the destructive effects of prairie and forest fires...and tsunamis

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yee-haaaaw, drought, tornadoes, earthquakes, ice storms, the convenience store insisting on puttin your beer in a brown paper bag before you can leave, OSU, electin a lady governor, Oklahoma is becomin in every day and every way a better place to be FROM!!!!!! (Kinda kiddin. I halfway know Mary Fallin. She's no David Walters, thank the Lord!)

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
yep, she's no Henry Bellmon either! We are now the proud home of "quakenados" and soon to be the home of the Cowboys, National Champs!!! Bedlam is going to be the best ever this year...yeah, I know you're a fan of those squatters, but, it's THIS year. :wink:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I kinda liked Bellmon. I visited with him and he was a regular guy. Plus, he just sat back and didn't do much of nothin, which was perfect for a governor as far as I'm concerned. I ain't actually a fan of OU football, but I like the university. Both my kids attended, and back in 73 they offered me a free ride in physics. (I didn't take that, and it was a little weird to offer me that) OSU is fine and I know a lot of folks that went there, but the big turn off for me is their graduate Garth Brooks. I got to talk with him before he had so much money that it could never be spent. I didn't like his attitude then and don't now. I still associate OSU with that high falutin horses' a**. And my schoolmate Michael Entz, who played Pistol Pete for a while. (Naw, Michael's ok. He's a lawyer, and I have a natural aversion to lawyers. His folks, Clayton and Gloria, were the greatest folks you could ever know.)

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I liked Bellmon and Boren, both schools are good, but way out of reach now for most working folk, UNLESS they get a free ride. It's not fair too hold Garth against OSU!, and I like him by BTW, still waiting on him to visit the foundry..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread