Another old barn

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Drove past here this morning....I used to live up the road from here and have driven past this old barn probably a thousand times...Thought I'd stop and take a picture while it's still there.

Edit:..... I noticed something red in the lower left window and couldn't make out what it was even when I zoomed in on it....So went back this morning and used a longer lens....Pretty dark and a little snowy this morning.

Attachments

• IMPR222.JPG
    IMPR222.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 2288.JPG
    2288.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    276.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice pic. Thanks.

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That picture tells a story of a different time and a different life style . Many of those old building where a product of much physical labor .The trees where cut down by hand the beams and all the boards ,rafters etc where all hand cut also . It took months just to have all the lumber ready to start the building process .And there was no bull dozer to level the spot or crane to set the rafters . Your picture will at least preserve it as it is today .Very nice to share it

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love old barn pictures and that is a beauty. Thanks for sharing.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good one. Someday that barn won't be there anymore. There was this old barn I'd drive by on my way to work in the 1970s and 80s. Today I go by it and it's a pile of timbers. I can only think the heavy snows finally pushed it to the ground.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Good one. Someday that barn won't be there anymore. There was this old barn I'd drive by on my way to work in the 1970s and 80s. Today I go by it and it's a pile of timbers. I can only think the heavy snows finally pushed it to the ground.
I took this picture in 2011...It's a deep snow area between La Grande, OR and North Powder, OR.....I noticed a few years later that it's completely gone.

Attachments

• IMG_24691clo.jpg
    IMG_24691clo.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 61
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Photo! :thumbsup:

It is interesting how the lichens and moss has enhanced the aging of the barn. I wonder why they would build the barn so close to the creek. You would think that it would flood during a good downpour.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Very Nice Photo! :thumbsup:

It is interesting how the lichens and moss has enhanced the aging of the barn. I wonder why they would build the barn so close to the creek. You would think that it would flood during a good downpour.
Thanks OD, I'm guessing it was just to be close to the water source, but it's pretty obvious the part closest the creek rotted off first because of the moisture......There is another barn about a half mile down the road built about that close to the same stream.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool photos. It looks like a place a picker needs to stop and rescue what may be inside. Those cans are collectible, right?

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Very cool photos. It looks like a place a picker needs to stop and rescue what may be inside. Those cans are collectible, right?
Thank You, I don't know if they have any monetary value, but I'm sure there are some folks that would like to have them for decor....Made me wish I could look around inside.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank You, I don't know if they have any monetary value, but I'm sure there are some folks that would like to have them for decor....Made me wish I could look around inside.

Lol I know that feeling. Probably a lot of people on this site know that feeling.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread