nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another one off of my "want" list!

I haven't been posting anything lately, as I've just been finding mostly clad and a few Mercury and Rosey dimes in silver, but nothing that really rates taking a picture of and showing here. Many of you probably won't think that this is much of a find either, but it has been on my "want list" since I got back into this hobby about 4 years ago.
I've been trying to get out as much as I can lately, as we got our first taste of snow a few days ago, so it won't be long until the ground gets like cement, and the hunting will be over until next spring. So, after a light mist this morning, I decided to go back to a park that I've been working lately. More or less, just to get some clad and do a little swingin.
Well, after about an hour and a half, I decided to call it quits, and headed back to the car. Just swingin as I went. All of a sudden I get a blast on the headphones that almost broke my ears. Looked, and it read coin. Large coin! I'm thinking "my first silver dollar!" Well, I was half right.
It was a dollar coin alright, but much newer. It turned out to be my first "Eisenhower" dollar. I always wondered how someone would lose something so large. Anyway, it's now off my list of items to find.

Attachments

• Mahoney Dollar 1.jpg
    Mahoney Dollar 1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 482
  • Mahoney Dollar 2.jpg
    Mahoney Dollar 2.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 481
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Another one off of my "want" list!

neat i just got mine last night :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is still on my want list. I would be pretty psyched to dig an Eisenhower dollar.

Nice find.

HH
Rusted

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very cool, Neb! :thumbsup: How is it that so many great keepers are found while going back to the car? :D

Great to see you posting.

Nana :wink:

OP
OP
nebstater

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nana40 said:
Very cool, Neb! :thumbsup: How is it that so many great keepers are found while going back to the car? :D

Great to see you posting.

Nana :wink:
I've often wondered that myself. And the strange part about it is, that it has happened more than once.

pitbullfan

Sep 18, 2009
Newton Grove, NC
Detector(s) used
First: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Now: Excal

Sweet find!!! Still on my want list along with about a dozen or so others :laughing7:

HH
-jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread