🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hit a 1940s park close by today, I know I said my next hunt was gonna be at a permission, however my son has a bday party today so I only had 2 hrs to hunt in the morning It was a baseball field, I was working the outfield a bit and right off the bat I was hitting clad pennies at 5-6" deep from the early 1960s, I thought hmmm, potential?? Worked along some more and hit some very early 70s quarters and even some 65 66 and 67, I was like what the heck! got a Sunoco classic car token, 2 religious pendants, and a baseball pin, a few pennies and dimes later I hit 2 wheats 42 and 58, so now it was game on!, concentrated on that area quite a bit and got another 58 wheat, I thought "any minute now ill get silver" then all of a sudden I hear "Hey buddy", I look at the guy and he was motioning for me to get out of the field.

I said why?, can you tell where I was?, its public property!, I cut perfect plugs and fix them perfectly! then he gave me this nonsense about little league etc, etc, so I didn't feel like arguing with him over some clad and a few wheats, so needless to say, I apologized even though I didn't need to and left, now that's why I HATE public places!!! such a good spot with good potential gone to waste.........

Total clad was $3.90 for 2 hrs (10 quarters, 12 dimes, 20 memorials)

anyway that's my rant, im happy with the finds, thanks for looking and hh!!
20150404_080934.jpg 20150404_085143.jpg 20150404_093050.jpg 20150404_103243.jpg 20150404_105439.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the token and pendants!! Nice haul of clad as well. Congrats

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lately I've been running into a lot of busy bodies at a park I've hunted at forever.

lots of ground yet to explore, just got to pick quieter times to be there.

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt! Next time dig a nice plug just for that guy and put him in it!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt! Next time dig a nice plug just for that guy and put him in it!

Yeah I mean it sucks and all but I'll be doing private properties from now on with the occasional park hunt so it's all good, I can find way more keepers at homes rather than parks

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer bro. My reply to Scrappy sums up my feelings. When I say I like animals way more than people I really mean it. Too many people out there just looking to ruin somebody's day because their life sucks. I see Eagles, deer, and the occasional fox or porcupine on my hunts. They never say a thing lol

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see Eagles, deer, and the occasional fox or porcupine on my hunts. They never say a thing lol
Lol I love the occasional gawker that yells out "ya find any treasure yet", thoughts of throat punching come to Mind then

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread