D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I bought my ATP I have been keeping a spreadsheet of my finds everyday I go out and I update it each time. I did the same with my ACE 250 after I bought it.

For the heck of it today I compared my daily take of the two detectors just to see how they compare as far as how much I find each day. I know it's not scientific because there is no way of knowing if I would have found the same amount with each detector. However the places I hunt are similar.

My ave daily find for the ACE 250 = $2.11

My ave daily find for the ATP = $5.29 per day

I feel the investment in the ATP is well worth the extra money you pay for over the ACE 250 and I am not knocking the ACE 250 I still like it.

When my 14 yr old grandson goes with me he uses the 250 and I grant you he is not as skilled as i am with it, but in the same areas we hunt I always find about twice as much as him

Example one day we had a great hunt at school. He found $6.75 and I found $11.40

I love my ATP and I learn a lil more about it each time I use it. I bought it because Bart at Big Boys Hobbies recommended it.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
keeping a log is a good thing, I regret not doing it this year...

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I love the stats Normsel - but unless you are in a controlled environment (i.e., same soil, same buried treasure, etc.) - one could justify you are mixing apples with oranges - sorry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread