864.7 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 4

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Well the quartz in my area leaves a lot to be desired for quality but I put them in frames anyway. I posted a smaller frame in the past this is the bigger one. Not sure how many years it will take to fill it but I will keep trying šŸ˜ƒ
NW Georgia
Very nice. Did you make the frame?

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Very nice. Did you make the frame?
No Iā€™m not that talented. They are custom frames but I knew the guy who made them. He had 3 left and I bought 2. He has stopped making them at least he said he wasnā€™t going to make anymore at that time.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
There is a oldie in the bottom left section. Thatā€™s how any Paleo I find always looks lol.

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're in Ga right? I do not see how you missed the quartz belt being located where you are. I think that frame is WAY too nice for those quartz pieces. Not throwing off on your quartz finds but I'd get a suitable sized, economical Riker to house those for now and use that beautiful frame for something as eye-catching as it is.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
You're in Ga right? I do not see how you missed the quartz belt being located where you are. I think that frame is WAY too nice for those quartz pieces. Not throwing off on your quartz finds but I'd get a suitable sized, economical Riker to house those for now and use that beautiful frame for something as eye-catching as it is.
I can add red felt to it I think. I put the quartz in it cause of the black background. I agree 100% maybe one day I will put some of my best in it. It definitely wasnā€™t cheap, thanks

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
quartz is the worst,(not including those FINE points that southfork ninds), quartzite is not much better...BUT... a point is a point!

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
quartz is the worst,(not including those FINE points that southfork ninds), quartzite is not much better...BUT... a point is a point!
And for some reason most of the Dalton and Paleo found around here is made from quartz. And almost all Iā€™ve found are broken. Quartz just doesnā€™t hold up very well in my area. Itā€™s Vein quartz. Not much if any crystal points here.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when people post quartz I always think how many Iā€™d walk right by, maybe the pics donā€™t show detail well on quartz but seems like each one would need close inspection to tell. Iā€™ve got it easy on that front, if itā€™s not limestone or sandstone, thereā€™s a good chance itā€™s a flake or tool.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
when people post quartz I always think how many Iā€™d walk right by, maybe the pics donā€™t show detail well on quartz but seems like each one would need close inspection to tell. Iā€™ve got it easy on that front, if itā€™s not limestone or sandstone, thereā€™s a good chance itā€™s a flake or tool.
Takes a while to spot them lots of debitage from quartz. Most of the ones I use are broken so anything whole is a plus

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions