Another question about Tesoro detector possibilities (Vaquero with multi tones)

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I've seen many people say that the Vaquero with multi tone functionality would be such an awesome detector. I definitely agree with this statement. What I'm curious to know is could it be a possibility to do? Im not talking about making a totally new detector, but do you think there will ever be an upgrade that Vaquero users can get so that the machine has multi tones? I'm just curious and was wondering your guys' opinions

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tones are not hard to implement on any VLF discriminator as are things like ground tracking. Tesoro realise the drawbacks with tracking which is why only the Lobo Supertrack has it and only in one mode.

Tones also are not that great. Perhaps they don't want to undermine the Vaquero's performance by using them though a slightly more expensive model that gives you the option of tones use for those who want it might well increase sales. My T2 has this ability but do I use the tones option....no. Tones are fine for quick searching the top of the beach but the price you pay is loss of I.D. ability compared to the original Tesoro "beep and dig" system. Running the T2/F75 and other detectors that have both options, tones start to I.D. as iron at a more shallow depth causing you to ignore a good target that the standard discrimination mode would have you dig.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love tones.
When hunting and covering large areas quick I can dig low for gold or high for coins.
Helps me decide what is in the ground.
I would love a Multi Tone tesero like that of the mine lab sovs where targets all get different tones.

My old golden saber I could tell silver by the warm tones it gave. Nothing shocks more people then when I would say I am going to dig silver here and out pops a merc dime LOL. You should see their faces when I did that.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tones are not hard to implement on any VLF discriminator as are things like ground tracking. Tesoro realise the drawbacks with tracking which is why only the Lobo Supertrack has it and only in one mode.

Tones also are not that great. Perhaps they don't want to undermine the Vaquero's performance by using them though a slightly more expensive model that gives you the option of tones use for those who want it might well increase sales. My T2 has this ability but do I use the tones option....no. Tones are fine for quick searching the top of the beach but the price you pay is loss of I.D. ability compared to the original Tesoro "beep and dig" system. Running the T2/F75 and other detectors that have both options, tones start to I.D. as iron at a more shallow depth causing you to ignore a good target that the standard discrimination mode would have you dig.

That is an excellent point. I never thought of that.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tones are for quick not quality detecting and there comes a point, fairly soon for some people, where they can't cope with a large range which is why many high end detectors only have three or four. Just like VDI displays they cost you depth and good finds but do make for an easy days detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread