Another question

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thank you for your reply , I see where a-lot of the coins went around here now. lol

I'm wondering did you ever get a Capped Bust Silver ? Or did you mean the Cent type?

A LC don't seem like to much to ask but here ???

A piece of a Reale would be nice for me to dig, I look forward to it . ---'Thinking Positive'

Happy Thanksgiving Davers /Davey

I was referring to capped bust silver, but I would gladly take anything from that era. I can only recall one large cent dug around the Atlanta area that I was aware of. Like you said, those are hard to come by around here. I have recovered some seated silver, and other coinage from around that time, but even those were few and far between. The 1/2 reale I dug was from a Confederate camp in North Carolina and was dated 1746. Looking forward to the end of hunting season so I can get back out in the woods and see what I can find!

D.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your quick reply .

I was very Blessed 5+ years ago & got a Capped Dime , Half Dime , The half was Holed with a square nail & the Dime X on both sides , Then a 1839 Seated a month later , it was in XF , Then a year later I hit a 1830 Capped Half Dime . XF

All were from the same camp , funny I got no Cents Indian Head or large but did dig 4 Tokens 2 were patriotic & 1 was a Store Card & one was a Sutler Token all this was over a 2 year period .

Funny the Coins were so old ??? but the Tokens were 1864 & 1863 on 1 if I recall right .

I do recall a LC was found in Powder Springs 3-4 years ago. IH's are around but the oldest I have found was a 1879 & it was eyeballed at Grant Park (due to erosion). A few were 1880's but most 1890-1904.

Ill shut up ,as I got to go eat. LOL
Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving & hope you can get out soon , stuff is still there just harder to find.

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d probably keel over dead if I ever dig one. #1 on my bucket list....a GWI that is ��

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread