Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another reason I don't care for "Diggers"

Besides all the juvenile antics, ridiculous hoopla, and unfounded speculation on targets, they are detecting areas that the rest of wouldn't stand a chance in hi** of obtaining permission to hunt. I YOU like it, watch it. I'm opting out.
luvsdux

Upvote 0

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I've seen this season, they have been quite a bit more "reserved" in some of their antics than past seasons. "Ringy" eating the grass was still pretty stupid!

I admit I have not been a fan and have, in the past, thought of the show as a bloody joke. But with their toned down on screen projection, I almost look forward to watching em. I think they are both pretty knowledgeable fellows and they have definitely put their time in, made the right contacts and found a way (for now) to make a living treasure hunting.

Even their "lingo" doesn't irritate me as much! It's also good to see that the producers have more of a clue now too. No longer see outrageous potential value claims like $30 .30-06 shells & $1000 Wheat pennies.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am sure comments made here and on other forums do filter back to them somehow. Perhaps losing respect from fellow detectorists has forced them to tone it down a little. Or perhaps the producers have because I am sure sponsors have noticed comments made here and they know if we aren't watching, they are missing a big chunk of money.

shanemcn

Jul 14, 2013
I am sure comments made here and on other forums do filter back to them somehow. Perhaps losing respect from fellow detectorists has forced them to tone it down a little. Or perhaps the producers have because I am sure sponsors have noticed comments made here and they know if we aren't watching, they are missing a big chunk of money.
From one old dude to another well said.

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
I just found it much more tolerable to have to deal with an occasional "BOOM BABY" during the show then juvenile antics in juvenile terminology... The show would be good and would probably garner a lot more praise if they just didn't do that stuff. That's my opinion... And my eight-year-old's opinion...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sure comments made here and on other forums do filter back to them somehow.

Hey Digger Dudes!

It's not too late... I'm still available for a guest appearance!

Standing by for you call!

call.gif

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LAMO!!! The wife and I are watching TV and an advertisement for Diggers comes on. She does not metal detect and I didn't know she had been watching the show. I usually record it and watch it later where she usually stays up later than I do as I get up so early. I didn't even know she had seen the show but I knew she was aware that I was watching it. Anyway out of the blue in the middle of the commercial she said, "This would be a good show if they weren't such idiots." Pop shot out my nose as it caught so off guard. :laughing7: Without missing a beat I said, "They have toned it down in recent weeks." She said, "I guess they have been getting complaints." I just roll my eyes and snicker....

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am watching this show for the first time, and all I can say is annoying. The way the over exaggerate there emotions kills me. It just seems to be to a bit "rehearsed". I don't like it, click off. :thumb_down:

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm pretty sure the people here are not the target audience.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am sure you are right, or the value they place on items found would be more realistic.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Garrett Gadget

Greenie
May 2, 2014
I'll coin (no pun intended) a new term for the show. It's 1/2 detecting and 1/2 entertainment, so we have "Detectortainment."

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or we could just use the old standby term of BS, lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
Hey... Who knows... Maybe this debate is creating some change in the show itself...?? That would be a good thing!

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
I think the way they act degrades the whole idea of metal detecting as a hobby... That's my opinion and that's how I feel about that show as it is now. I haven't watched it and probably won't but if they change it for the better that's great...

Garrett Gadget

Greenie
May 2, 2014
I wanted to post to make an even 300 on this topic . Now I can move on to other posts on this site since I'm a nOOb to Metal Detecting. Oh, as far as the show Diggers, life is too short to get my bowels all in an uproar, plus I'm getting so old I don't even buy green bananas anymore. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread