dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are that is why i do not watch them.. Plus they are the cause of our detecting problems now.. But the ones that watch the shows do not care about our hobby or how some make there living detecting.. As you notice no one from diggers have been on Tnet after the money started to roll in for them … They were on here to promote there show then got a lot of you to watch … Then made big bucks and then said good by to all of you...

They way they were treated probably has more to do with them not being here than fame and fortune. I've been around long enough and can remember the thrashing of there show when their friend was responding.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
They way they were treated probably has more to do with them not being here than fame and fortune. I've been around long enough and can remember the thrashing of there show when their friend was responding.
Well there friend … montanagold .. is still on Tnet and still makes post's.. he did not leave..

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are that is why i do not watch them.. Plus they are the cause of our detecting problems now.. But the ones that watch the shows do not care about our hobby or how some make there living detecting.. As you notice no one from diggers have been on Tnet after the money started to roll in for them … They were on here to promote there show then got a lot of you to watch … Then made big bucks and then said good by to all of you...

Makes me wonder where the big youtube stars hang out. Aquachigger, Nuggetnoggin, and a host of others. I never see them here.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
… They were on here to promote there show then got a lot of you to watch … Then made big bucks and then said good by to all of you...

I don't know if Ringy and/or KG ever posted here.
don't they have their own Forum ? (yes or no.. No links please)
But even if they did Contracts probably limited them anyway.

Their friends Post here

Makes me wonder where the big youtube stars hang out. Aquachigger, Nuggetnoggin, and a host of others. I never see them here.

probably on youtube

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They don't. There are so many petty, jealous people who do nothing but attack anyone who succeeds at something it's better to just do their thing without forums. You can't make a nice find without people screaming "fake". You can't have someone sponsor your videos without people screaming "sellout".

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't. There are so many petty, jealous people who do nothing but attack anyone who succeeds at something it's better to just do their thing without forums. You can't make a nice find without people screaming "fake". You can't have someone sponsor your videos without people screaming "sellout".

Only people I consider sellouts are the Hippies of the 60's who are now
Yuppies, politicians, Lawmakers and police who support the things they claimed to hate.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
too bad BBC America will never air It :(

they keep airing star Trek and other Non BBC shows these days :(

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The star of Detectorist does follow a forum. I believe it may be this one but I m not 100 per-cent sure. I am posting this but leaving out the name of the person to whom he is responding as well as the name of the forum. -.

Yes, but there is a big difference between being a lurker who follows a forum, and being an active participant.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if Ringy and/or KG ever posted here.
don't they have their own Forum ? (yes or no.. No links please)
But even if they did Contracts probably limited them anyway.

Their friends Post here

probably on youtube
Well Diggers did post on the treasure site the one the members left here and started and could still do .

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don'T everybody realize, all the types of media are entertainment for profit, and everything they put out is structured to attract the most people to get the maxium profit. This also applies to so called NEWS programs.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Exactly.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish they talked more about equipment and techniques.

Yes I got to agree. I think that would be great for us and for advertisers.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Diggers has a new member in next seasons episode her name Rosie Okelly her video Let's Go Metal Detecting!...My White's XLT Detector , man they will make a great group check it out. If I read right kg and she hit it off right away . Should be best season ever.

rjsupersonic

Aug 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark /10.5 Fisher F75LTD, X-Terra 705 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember a long time ago ... early 70's when I started detecting, very few people even knew what you were doing in the park with that "geiger counter":) Silver finds were easy then:)

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never watched it and never will. Seems like there was a program along these same lines a few years ago with some big guy and his old lady digging big holes. The one and only time I watched that they found a target and called in an excavator, that was enough for me. I refuse to watch the Oak Island show either. Maybe I'm wrong but I think programs like these only hurt us. They either draw more people into metal detecting/treasure hunting which I see as unwanted competition especially if done as seen on tv but i'm sure that's good for sales or the average person watches it and thinks Oh my god I don't want anyone digging in my yard because they might find something especially when they see an excavator pulling up on the tv. When Barrett Jackson was televised old car body prices went through the roof, every farmer now thinks that old junk car out in his grove is worth $5000 and it's not, it ruined or made it much more difficult to get these bought up. I guess I just like things to stay low key.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember a long time ago ... early 70's when I started detecting, very few people even knew what you were doing in the park with that "geiger counter":) Silver finds were easy then:)

'99 was the year things changed here.

Before that, I thought there may have been a half dozen detectorists in the whole County
and all but me with Whites & Bounty Hunter Detectors.

'99 I found out there were too many to count and with all types :laughing7:

unlike some though, I was happy to know this & it didn't effect my finds.

at the risk of sounding like a Broken Record & ad for Minelab
fact is My Sovereign increased my finds beyond all expectations

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Diggers has a new member in next seasons episode her name Rosie Okelly her video Let's Go Metal Detecting!...My White's XLT Detector , man they will make a great group check it out. If I read right kg and she hit it off right away . Should be best season ever.
That Rosie O Kelly that's the one that you can not tell if it is a she or he ..Male ? or Female ?

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You guessed that right you watch her metaldetecting clip on utube and you gonna learn something for that's how diggars pulled it off she or he or she what ever was there mentor.Great clip u otta watch. vanzutphen

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would suggest that you DO NOT watch the video. Somethings just cant be unseen and this is one of them! I am going to go lock the doors and check the closets before I go to bed tonight but I have a bad feeling I will be too scared to go to sleep for a week. WOW that was scary. Thank goodness it didn't show it's "treasure box" as it mentioned at the start of the video. Sorry but I need to go turn all the lights on in the house. Wait...what was that noise? ... Did you hear that? HH

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought you were being serious, so I looked up the video. You are an evil person! Now I have to go find some bleach for my eyes, and I will be searching eBay for a device that will remove my short-term memory. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread