Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it the,guys doin it themselves or is it the producers having them act that way mayb mayb that hate is at the wrong people

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't wait to watch it again! Looking forward to it!
What would embarrass me is to go hunting with someone who
didn't/couldn't act up! I would feel uncomfortable around someone
who is uptight and judgemental!
I'd rather metal detect with my dog! She is happy, playful and excited to be out!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly I'm always happy when I find something old cool something, not sure if I'd be comfortable aswell with someone who showed no exicitment & to serious life's to short to not have fun

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
Being excited about finding something cool is one thing...Running around falling down flipping and jumping is ridiculous... I don't care who you are.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being excited about finding something cool is one thing... Running around falling down flipping and jumping is ridiculous... I don't care who you are.

Agreed there is a point where there should be a cut off point & there doesn't seem like one

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
Let's face it...DM is boring TV...trying to make it TV worthy is difficult. I just think they could do a better job at making it interesting...the show where the guys went around trying to get permission was MUCH better...the show had that big dude in it...there was some drama there and the guys make some money on their finds...THAT was a good show!

Ripper1313

Greenie
May 7, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's face it...DM is boring TV...trying to make it TV worthy is difficult. I just think they could do a better job at making it interesting...the show where the guys went around trying to get permission was MUCH better...the show had that big dude in it...there was some drama there and the guys make some money on their finds...THAT was a good show!

Really ? That show was a joke and a half. Beyond fake and set up. JMHO....of corse.

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
Well, it's was better than Tweedledum and Tweedle dumber on this show...

All they have is orgasmic responses to buttons and bullets...

IMO of course.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate them...

They are getting paid to detect where I can't.

They are getting paid to travel the country.

They get royalties on products and endorsements.

They got their own T.V. Show.

They are staying in nice hotel rooms and eating in fine restaurants.

They probably have a good health plan and a nice retirement account going.

They get letters from strange women wanting to have their babies.

They have never invited me as a guest digger...

Yes, I hate them too.

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
I'm sure your post is at least partially tongue-in-cheek... I don't hate the guys for whatever they're getting for what they're doing... I just think it's a stupid show.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sure your post is at least partially tongue-in-cheek... I don't hate the guys for whatever they're getting for what they're doing... I just think it's a stupid show.

Nope, you missed. It's ALL tongue-in-cheek.

Except for the getting invited as a guest digger part-

Now that's some serious sheet.

Juice in the hole

Mar 22, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are just regular guys, not experts...they don't claim to be experts. That's one of the reasons the show is so popular.

You're probably right about that, but I'd be willing to wager they'd run circles around some of the "experts" that post here and with their "junk" AT Pro machines no less. Just a hunch.

The popularity of Diggers in my house is quickly outpacing any of the other shows we normally watch on TV. We look forward to it every week. :hello2:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you don't like the Three Stooges or the Jackass movies or Adam Sandler etc., etc....just testing a theory I have.

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
What I don't like about the show is that all seems very contrived and not genuine... And it isn't! Like I said, my eight-year-old thought it was a ridiculous show... What does that tell you and what is a tell the other people that think the show is good... It's ridiculous and it's an insult to metal detectorist in my opinion. All those things you mentioned, I watch them all.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet you don't like the Three Stooges or the Jackass movies or Adam Sandler etc., etc....just testing a theory I have.

I don't like the Jackass movies or Adam Sandler Either,
he's almost as bad as Jim Carrey
& can only handle so much of the stooges these days.

But I still like Diggers

Ripper1313

Greenie
May 7, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I don't like about the show is that all seems very contrived and not genuine... And it isn't! Like I said, my eight-year-old thought it was a ridiculous show... What does that tell you and what is a tell the other people that think the show is good... It's ridiculous and it's an insult to metal detectorist in my opinion. All those things you mentioned, I watch them all.

Did you think that American diggers was genuine ? With that ridiculous Rick " Boom Baby" Savage ? He was more full of crap than any of them. Just curious...

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
I just thought the show was better overall... The guy found items and sold them... I don't know how contrived any of it was but if it was contrived they did a better job of it... Diggers is just an amateur half hour

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread