Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang, I hate the diggers.

They still have not called me for a guest appearance.

Listen boy's... every time I make a great find, you know, juice, roundness, siv... anything good I wet myself. It's phunny as all get out. When I find gold I wet myself and get uncontrollable hiccups.

That should really boost the ratings.

How long do I gotta sit by this phone anyhow?

call.gif

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang, I hate the diggers.

They still have not called me for a guest appearance.

Listen boy's... every time I make a great find, you know, juice, roundness, siv... anything good

View attachment 983204

It's CIV (Civil War Artifacts)

Thats why they don't invite you! :laughing7: LOL

:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Siv is the way we'uns here in the south pronounce it. We don't cotton to the yankee way's.

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
The reality is... Nobody uses those terms in the metal detecting world... That I know of...

Nectar.... Really?

LMAOO

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wish they talked more about equipment and techniques.

You don't like the canned " grunt ding grunt ding" that every target has no matter what the size or composition? :)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wish they talked more about equipment and techniques.

Move coil slowly back and forth just above the soil.

Use overlapping sweeps.

Listen for beeping sounds.

Dig where beeping sounds happened.

Refill hole.

Throw trash in proper receptacle.

Post picture of finds on TN.

Cash in jewelry and coins.

Buy better detector.

Repeat previous two steps over and over and over.

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a HISTORY Show guys!!! ...

The metal detectors for the most part are the "Equipment" used to uncover the lost artifacts in these old historic sights which in turn are turned over to those historical societies.

It's like getting mad if your a crab fisherman and Deatliest Catch just talks about the places they fish and what they catch instead of the equipment they use, how to use it, who makes the equipment, and how the fisherman act on deck .... WHO CARES ... it's fun to watch .. IT'S TV!!!

I would assume in turn for letting these crazy guys and The National Geographic Channel hunt these locations they spend most of ALL the extra free time during the show in talking more of the history about the location, the people involved, and the outcomes etc. etc. .... this is the deal they probably set up with these historical sights as well ... It's a 30 min show guys, more needs to go into the finds and history of the location and NOT in the tools they are using to accomplish this task. I would like to see more of the other but that is really not what the show is for.

If you want a "Metal Detecting Show" then Youtube is your friend .... this basically is a History Program over anything else and that's all.

They are not on TV to instruct you on how to detect, listen for tones (though they do a teeny tiny bit of that on telling you it's a slammin hit ...LOL), teach you detecting etiquette, or tell you what to buy (cause the answer will just be Garrett, it's a sponsor, that's how this or anything else in the world works, we talk about "sponsors" around here all the time right?) ... a show like that wouldn't last past the pilot episode!

And come on guys, just remember one thing ..... IT'S A DAMN TV SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well hello Falcon. I see you are posting on this thread again..... :occasion14:

I CAN'T STOOOOPPPP !!! :BangHead:

Everyone stop posting so I can stop contributing beating this dead horse to a pulp :tongue3:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a TV show just like this is a thread, a viewer can change the TV channel if they don't like the program and if someone doesn't like a thread they can change the channel........

I don't like show so I don't watch, if someone likes to watch that is their business...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
beatdeadhorse.gif

Horse meat is tough- gotta tenderize.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I quit watching all metal detecting shows again .. I watched diggers last month only because they were in Pa . but it did nothing for me… NOW when is "AMERICAN SAVAGE" coming back "BOOM BABY".. as_logo.jpg

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Love it or hate it, it did it's job. All these posts prove people watch, some buy in and use the terms and the ratings keep the network and the sponsors happy. If it matters, I have watched worse shows. Like TH says, change the channel...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a HISTORY Show guys!!! ...

The metal detectors for the most part are the "Equipment" used to uncover the lost artifacts in these old historic sights which in turn are turned over to those historical societies.

It's like getting mad if your a crab fisherman and Deatliest Catch just talks about the places they fish and what they catch instead of the equipment they use, how to use it, who makes the equipment, and how the fisherman act on deck .... WHO CARES ... it's fun to watch .. IT'S TV!!!

I would assume in turn for letting these crazy guys and The National Geographic Channel hunt these locations they spend most of ALL the extra free time during the show in talking more of the history about the location, the people involved, and the outcomes etc. etc. .... this is the deal they probably set up with these historical sights as well ... It's a 30 min show guys, more needs to go into the finds and history of the location and NOT in the tools they are using to accomplish this task. I would like to see more of the other but that is really not what the show is for.

If you want a "Metal Detecting Show" then Youtube is your friend .... this basically is a History Program over anything else and that's all.

They are not on TV to instruct you on how to detect, listen for tones (though they do a teeny tiny bit of that on telling you it's a slammin hit ...LOL), teach you detecting etiquette, or tell you what to buy (cause the answer will just be Garrett, it's a sponsor, that's how this or anything else in the world works, we talk about "sponsors" around here all the time right?) ... a show like that wouldn't last past the pilot episode!

And come on guys, just remember one thing ..... IT'S A DAMN TV SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You get it...its just that simple.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reality is... Nobody uses those terms in the metal detecting world... That I know of...

Nectar.... Really?

LMAOO
Wheaties, zincoln, can slaw, tector, merc...think about it.

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I quit watching all metal detecting shows again .. I watched diggers last month only because they were in Pa . but it did nothing for me… NOW when is "AMERICAN SAVAGE" coming back "BOOM BABY".. View attachment 983580

Now that STUPID show was a waste of life the couple times I watched it ... come one ... that's gotta be a joke (to new to forum to not know for sure but I hope so).

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that STUPID show was a waste of life the couple times I watched it ... come one ... that's gotta be a joke (to new to forum to not know for sure but I hope so).
Well you should know by now that all the metal detecting TV shows are jokes… There is not one good one on TV..

GranvilleATPro

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There could be another dozen metal detecting shows on tv and just as many people will like, as well as hate, same as they currently do with diggers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread