Another Rosie Kind Of Day

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The weather was absolutely perfect today and the ground was still soft from all the rain that we got this week. I had my heart set on a some big silver but it didn't happen. It comes in spurts, so it's about time for me to find some big silver. The trick is finding a yard with some in it.

The first yard that I detected was really small. I used my Omega with the 10 inch concentric search coil attached. I set the sensitivity at 70, the discrimination at 0, and used 4 tones. I grid searched the yard in one direction and didn't find anything except a bunch of clad coins and some junk. Then I grid searched the yard in the opposite direction and didn't find anything until I got down to last few strips. I got a soft high tone audio response and the ID numbers were rolling back and forth from 85 to 90. I was pretty sure it was going to be a silver dime. I dug down around 7 inches or so and popped a Mercury dime. It pays to grid search in both directions.

I went back over the entire yard again but this time with my Deus. I cornered a Rosie in some thick trash and iron using the 'Sifter' program. I really like using that program when the trash gets thick. It's not that deep, but it does a great job at unmasking targets in first 6 or 7 inches of dirt.

I hit another site on my way home and found a Rosie on my first dig, but it went down hill from there. I guess that was the only piece of silver that got dropped in that yard.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    808 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    259.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    790.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    336.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    900.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    289.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0160.JPG
    IMG_0160.JPG
    402.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0161.JPG
    IMG_0161.JPG
    294.8 KB · Views: 51
Upvote 14
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tabman, you always amaze me with your silver finds! :notworthy:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
silvers cringe in the ground as you drive by tabman. Congrats on another great day with the Omega and Deus.

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really good day you had.....two silver dimes and an assortment of other coins.:icon_thumright:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how many pounds of silver you got? lol congrats..

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice hunt you had with a good variety of finds.

silvers cringe in the ground as you drive by tabman. Congrats on another great day with the Omega and Deus.

Really good day you had.....two silver dimes and an assortment of other coins.:icon_thumright:

Nice! Any silver makes my day!

I would be extremely happy with a 3 silver hunt.
Congratulations

how many pounds of silver you got? lol congrats..

Nice variety of coins today!

Another good outing congrats

Thanks Everyone! Being retired and having a lot of time to detect has its advantages. I'd like to go everyday, BUT too much of a good thing sure makes for some sore muscles. I'm laying off from detecting today and maybe tomorrow. When it gets a little cooler I'm going to start hitting some older sites to see what I can dig up.

tabman

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Chucky Cheese tokens are everywhere!! LMAO.....Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread