Another short schoolyard hunt with Kenny tonight

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
My son Kenny (kenny161) and I went out about 7pm tonight for around 90 minutes. We went to a baseball / soccer field behind a school that also has a sand volleyball court and sand jungle jim area.

We started out by covering the volleyball court. Kenny took half of it with his Ace 250, and I took the other half with my Explorer II. Before I even got started Kenny had a Sacagawea dollar coin!

I found a handful of coins in the sand, and also a little gold ball (I don't think it is real gold though) that was probably part of an earring or a bead on a necklace or bracelet. It has a hole through it. I was also surprised at the tiny items the Explorer II was picking up like the tiny little bolt, and the little snap button.

Then while Kenny was finishing up his half of the volleyball court I scanned a little bit of the grassy rise around the court, and eyeballed the ring just as my coil was passing over it. Too bad it is not silver - it is not even marked inside. The Canadian dime is a 1968 - looks silver, but I don't know what % silver these canadian dimes are with the sailboats on the back.

Anyways, we had fun together, which is what it's all about!

Attachments

• san clemente 8-13-08.jpg
    san clemente 8-13-08.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 378
  • san clemente 8-13-08 2.jpg
    san clemente 8-13-08 2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very unique looking ring even if it isn't silver. Nice finds.

fccdfed

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
The 1968 canadian may or may not be silver. If it sticks to a magnet it isn't silver, but if it doesn't I believe it is 80 % silver.

OP
OP
time4me

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
washingtonian said:
The 1968 canadian may or may not be silver. If it sticks to a magnet it isn't silver, but if it doesn't I believe it is 80 % silver.

It sticks to a magnet. Guess it's not silver then, huh?

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Wow, that's the coolest looking ring I have seen in a long time! :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread