Another Silver Quarter

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
Went back to the lot me and Dr Ace were hunting the other night. I decided to try the other side from where we found 90% of the coins. This lot is really big and will take some time to cover. I found a few relics but this is the only Silver for today.

1964D Washington.

I found this in the area I found the Merc at on Sunday when I was there by myself. I need to get a small camera to carry with me. It is amazing to see how clean these come out of the ground. It took me a while to realize that if you have to really look hard to read the date it is not a silver coin anyways. When I removed the plug and probed it I could see the reeded edge plain as day and knew I had a silver coin.

Funny thing about this is this is the area Dr. Ace started to hunt on Saturday night. He gave up as it was an old driveway and the diggin in the gravel really sucks. But both this quarter and the 1945 merc were in this area.

1964_wash.jpg

This is my 17th silver coin since I started this new hobby April 1st. The E-trac is really tracking down the silver for me.
I have 12 dimes, 4 quarters and one half so far in a little over a month of hunting. Plus other keeper coins that are not silver.

HH,

Dave

Upvote 0

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bravo.. persistence pays off!

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
Very nice I just keep finding silver rings! weird

OP
OP
drodda777

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
STH69 said:
Very nice I just keep finding silver rings! weird

I keep finding silver rings too. Around here we call those beaver tail pull tabs! :icon_scratch: j/k

HH,

Dave

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice silver, I'm sure you'll find many more.

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Dave,

Great job! You have had a fantastic run, and I hope it continues indefinitely. :thumbsup: You have to be the envy of every new detectorist!! :wink: Minelab should pay you for your story. They would sell a million detectors!!

Congratulations, and HH buddy!!

Dr. Ace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread