Another silver ring.....3 in just over a month!

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I talked SWMBO into letting me to the local soccer complex about 4:30pm this evening........not much time since it gets dark at 5:30pm! Anyway, threw my stuff in my truck and headed to the park. I first noticed a signal in the middle of an obviously fresh plug, hmmmm. The signal was an unmistakable crushed soda can, but, this cat covered it back up! I moved on, picking up a quarter, two dimes and two nickels in the midst of this person's digging! I have no idea what they may have been looking for, but, all but a couple of the plugs I swung over, still had the trash in them! Maybe they got an early Christmas present?

Anyway, to make this long story short, SWMBO called to inform me that it was dark. Wow, I'm only a mile from home....does she not think that it would be dark where I am, as well?......I told her I was on my way to the truck.....which I was, but, I kept swinging and getting targets! I got two more quarters, a dime and a few nickels. Then, about 30' from my truck, I get a strong penny target, showing a steady 61 on the VDI and from the tone, it wasn't very deep.....yeah, I'll dig it! Well, it turned out to be a very nice little silver ring from a silversmith in Dublin, Ireland!

It's a small ring, probably a child or very thin woman...

1222rosering2.jpg

The maker's mark.......

1222rosering1.jpg

And, the 925........

1222rosering4.jpg

The last few rings I have picked up have been in the penny range......dig those penny signals!!

Merry Christmas to all and HH!!

Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice un!!!! MR TUFF

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always a nice suprise to see a ring in the hole, congrats on your 3rd in such a short amount of time!!! :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice !! Love them rings :icon_thumright:
Glen