Another silver with photo

Theppgcowboy

Aug 15, 2017
Western Montana
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a 1943s nickel, photo with the silver quarter I found the other day.
I played with the Gary Blackwell hot program. I set two programs together one with the xy screen and the other with the horseshoe. Kept going back and forth to compare what it looked like in both screens. If pull tabs were coins I would be wealthy. They sure look like coins in both screens. I will save them and recycle them for scrape. But I will say when it hit the nickel, I knew it was something worth exploring. The tone was noticeably different. I just need more time with the Deus in the field.

20170902_215848.jpg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that tone was different because it's a silver war nickel. Regular nickels are a little harder to discern, but they do hit harder than pull tabs. Don't stop digging the tabs though, at some point it will be a gold ring instead. Gold rings, nickels, and pull tabs all ring up similarly, but the sound is slightly different for each.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions