Another Stone Pipe Question - Real or No?

americanartifacts33

Jul 11, 2013
St Paul MO
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this at a garage sale 2 years ago for very cheap. I do believe it to be authentic but am not sure. anyway we decided to make it a decorative piece my dad made that for me. It works well too :).. Anyway just wanted to get your opinions out there on the authenticity? Regardless it makes a nice decorative piece for a $5.00 garage sale purchase from an old lady. stone pipe 1.jpg stone pipe 2.jpg stone pipe in action.jpg

Upvote 0

georgia flatlander

May 21, 2017
Southeastern U.S. (Georgia)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shape looks authentic, but it's very difficult to tell from the lone picture. Also, based upon what I've found (and witnessed uncovered firsthand), the smaller hole for air flow was usually accessed by a type of reed or small hollow bone. The Hollywood version of the "Peace Pipe" bore little resemblance to Prehistoric pipes, at least as far as my experience goes. Of course, different clans used different technology, so you may be dead-on as well!

OP
OP
A

americanartifacts33

Jul 11, 2013
St Paul MO
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ll take a closer picture of it tonight. The people who I have shown and held it have told me they think its authentic too.. Ha ha yea I bet our peace pipe design is not an accurate portrayal. My dad just whittled down a piece of wood and straightened it out then drilled a hole through the center. we then wrapped it with sinew and added a couple turkey feathers.

OP
OP
A

americanartifacts33

Jul 11, 2013
St Paul MO
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just pipe tobacco, we were at spring turkey camp and were calling on the indian spirits to help us kill a big bird ha ha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread