Another Teller Anecdote

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While picking up this week's (skunk) box, I asked the teller if she had any "big dollar coins" or half dollars. Her fellow teller said that she had one of those dollar coins and a half dollar and my teller chipped in a half dollar.

Results : one clad Eisenhower dollar, one clad Kennedy Half dollar, and this one ...

Attachments

• 2-mar-22 teller half.jpg
    2-mar-22 teller half.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 9

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats they must like you.

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bank tellers have pulled silver out of circulation for decades. In the early 80's I was a bank teller and made my lunch money selling silver coins to a customer. He gave me double the face value of any silver coin. Since I was the person tasked with rolling/wrapping bagged coin that came from the Fed, I found it easy to pick out the silver quarters and dimes after dumping a bag of coins into the wrapping machine. Even back then there weren't vast numbers of silver coins in the mix, but enough to buy my lunch most days. :icon_thumright:

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Score, blueberra! Putting together a solid year so far with the Walker and that huge box from January. Maybe you're due for a haircut next?

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some tellers SNIPE :sad11::angry4::pain10:----- others hand out silver like those amusement park stagecoach performances back in the 50's where they toss the bag of money to you as the robber rides up. NEVER REFUSE WHAT A TELLER OFFERS------- less for them to count at end of day:happysmiley:---- and bring treats if ya score :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread