mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. Spent this afternoon on Garrett mountain and started searching an area where i was finding older coins my last trip. Got a good signal near a tree and found a silver quarter, then a silver dime or two and some other coins from what looked like a pocket spill.
Went to another area that was a little hard to access. Walked along a trail and got a nickel signal which turned out to be a damaged but readable buffalo from the 30s. Stayed in that area and started finding wheats and older memorials, then found another silver rosie. Right next to it, i got a good solid signal. Turned the dirt over and was looking at the reverse of a walking liberty half. I've found many silver halves in rolls but this is the first one to come out of the ground for me in years. It's a common year 1944 but it was still a rush to recover.
Also found a couple of whatsits.I think i know what the miniature frying pan is but i don't know what the lead object is. HH-MM2

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Good Job sniffing out the silver MM2 ! Maybe the lead thing is a seal they put on sacks ? What no pull tabs ?

TommNJ

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a better pic.
TommNJ said:
Good Job sniffing out the silver MM2 ! Maybe the lead thing is a seal they put on sacks ? What no pull tabs ?

TommNJ
Could be a seal, not sure. It was deep though. There was some trash but it was surface or shallow. The silver was down 2 or 3 inches at least.

Attachments

• DSCN3209.JPG
    DSCN3209.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 454

quaidmon

Apr 8, 2007
New Jersey
Great finds for Garrett Mt. I hunt there once in a while but haven't found silver yet. There are some older trails and areas I want to get to but I haven't hit yet. I'm only 10 minutes from there so let me know if you want to meet for a hunt sometime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread