Another trip to the Wooded Area of the Park!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I went out to the “hunted out” park for a few hours, having some fun with the x-terra 705 in all metal. The area worked today didn’t have many good or bad signals; fairly quiet, so tomorrow I will work near the area as yesterday’s hunt that produced two silvers. After about an hour of hunting I heard a bouncy high tone of 34 — 36 at 6 inches. Popped a plug in the easy forest soil and out came a 1928 Mercury dime! About, 30 minutes later another high tone of 32 at 4 inches and out came a 1917 toasted Lincoln cent. The junk pieces were low today, perhaps only 5 targets.

Thank you for looking,

GL & HH

Doc

CAM00856.jpg

Upvote 7

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be quite a difference between that and the ATP. 34 is a dime? When it's closer to 81 on the ATP.

A bit of a learning curve, that. ;)

Nice!

OP
OP
Professor of Engineering
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello WHADIFIND,

You are correct about the different numbering and audio tone systems. Believe it or not, I can keep all of my Garrett, Minelab, Tesoro and White's numbers and tones all straight in my head. I love everyone of my machines and understand them very well, each has its own personality and strengths and weaknesses.

Regards,

Doc

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back to back silver hints, :notworthy: Congrats on finding THE spot. I don't blame you for going AM due to the lack of targets.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello WHADIFIND,

You are correct about the different numbering and audio tone systems. Believe it or not, I can keep all of my Garrett, Minelab, Tesoro and White's numbers and tones all straight in my head. I love everyone of my machines and understand them very well, each has its own personality and strengths and weaknesses.

Regards,

Doc

I'm sure they do and glad you can!

Me? I can't chew gum and walk up steps. ;)

White Wolf

Sep 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
X-TERRA 705, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Merc 1928! I use 705 machine only on AM mode - otherwise the depth suffers. The coil is DD eleptical 10x5. :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on another silver.:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread