Another trip with the SE until it got to 100 outside.

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
Spent the morning at another house i got permission to hunt.. I am still learning the SE. Cut and dry signals are a peace of cake.. its thoose iffy signals that only go one direction, or change tone / reading with every sweep ie 5/28 - 14/31 etc.. thoose are still giving me big problems.. the ones i have dug have all turned out to be junk - but one was a 76 quarter at 8 inches with iron in the hole..

Anyways I managed to find 3 wheats... (2 44s and a 26)

Ill be out at it in the morning..

Attachments

• 08_29_07_1.jpg
    08_29_07_1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all dig...at least I do...those one way iffy signals at times. All the sites I hunt are the same ones I and 100's of other hunters have pounded for 25 years. You are right...most of the time it will be junk. Believe though when I say...one of these days you will be surprised with a nice deep silver dime on edge. I have pretty much found more Barber dimes this year than mercs. Again...i am hunting the same pounded worked out sites since the 80's...so most of what's left in the ground was either too deep for previous detectors or masked by junk...on edge...etc.

Dirt Fisher

Aug 18, 2007
Athens Tenn.
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & XLT and Garrett ACE 250
I know what you mean about the iffy signals. I am still learning my DFX and what it's telling me sometimes. You just got to keep swinging. I started just digging every plus signal and I have learned a lot. Just don't learn so much that you just pass on to many of the iffy ones sometimes they are the best find.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig those iffy signals anyway! Just this morning I got one that was crazy! Turned out to be four quarters a nickel and a dime. :P :D Ya never know.

Congrats on your finds~Nana :)

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Ya... pain in the...A..if-ffy signals! Trash on treasure gotta dig.
RD

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well I spent all night lastnight with the Beast digging phantom signals. Kept telling me something was there at 8.5 inches or so and I would dig down only to find dirt, dirt and more dirt!

Figured out what was going on three hours after I finished hunting with only 1 wheat and some clad to my name from this hunt!! Very agravating. Nice wheats by the way.

I still love the beast. It is making my arm a little sore. If you haven't gotten one you should really think about the Sunray X1 inline.

OP
OP
fd3615

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
mastereagle22 said:
Well I spent all night lastnight with the Beast digging phantom signals. Kept telling me something was there at 8.5 inches or so and I would dig down only to find dirt, dirt and more dirt!

Figured out what was going on three hours after I finished hunting with only 1 wheat and some clad to my name from this hunt!! Very agravating. Nice wheats by the way.

I still love the beast. It is making my arm a little sore. If you haven't gotten one you should really think about the Sunray X1 inline.

what did you figure out was going on? i dig the same phantom signals..

yes the SE is heavy my right bicep is going to be bigger then my left.. ( i thought that ended when i was 13 )

I am getting a sunray probe soon

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't forget to eat your "wheatie's" before you go.....Best of Luck with the machine and HH!!

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
mastereagle22 said:

Have you tried the swingy /thingy?? make your detector float.
RD

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
fd3615 said:
mastereagle22 said:

I am ashamed to say that in my haste to get the Sunray on the Beast I used a very large zip tie with a stainless steel clinch in it. Guess what it was exactly 8.5 inches from the coil. Every time the lower shaft would flex as I was swinging the coil it was picked up by the macine. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I got it fixed now though. :D :)

what did you figure out was going on? i dig the same phantom signals..

yes the SE is heavy my right bicep is going to be bigger then my left.. ( i thought that ended when i was 13 )

I am getting a sunray probe soon

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Great wheats, and once you get your sunray you 'll love it. Sometimes the depth reading on the detector will show something deep, but with the sun ray you can check and alot of the times it's something small really shallow. I love mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread