Another V Nickel from the cliff site and I have ESP

SMS88

Mar 3, 2007
Culinay Institute of America, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
I'm on a mission now. It's to dig up all the targets from the picnic cliff at the CIA. When I arrived at the spot, I almost got chased out by President Ryan's two dogs. I almost got scared, but explained to the caretaker that I had permission from the safety office to detect around the area and showed her my college ID. The dogs were about medium size, maybe 35 lb each, were white with some brown spots, but sorry no pictures of them. I started digging up all non iron signals and selective iron signals, especially the big overload ones. Found nothing but nails and crown caps for about 2 hours, but then noticed a spreading iron signal. I definetly dug this one up and found a 1906 V nickel near an iron bar. It was about 5:15 now, dinner starts at 5:30 in one of the kitchens, and others open at 6. It was time to head back, but I kept my detector on as I walked to my car. What a smart idea that would be. Now for the ESP part. I was thinking as I was walking... "still no quarter signals." Well, 5 seconds after that thought popped in my mind I got a nice solid uarter signal. It was at 0.0 inches. I was thinking a can at first, but the pinpoint was small even though my probe found nothing on the surface, which is a sign of trash. I removed about 1/2 inch of spongelike dirt and revealed it. Not a barber quarter , but not clad either. It was a 53d washington. Scary! I also pulled and scratched a 42 wheatie nearby, and saw it was 5:30 now. I rushed back for dinner. Now that dinner's over, I'm heading back out. There's not a lot of people to party with that I know, and it's still not to cold out, so I'm going to enjoy the night. Here's the pics

Attachments

• Picture 050.jpg
    Picture 050.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 437
  • Picture 051.jpg
    Picture 051.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 434
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats an ideal hunt, some silver, a little nickel...WTG !!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice digs, WTG!!!
That "V" nickel looks to be a very nice condition... Most of the ones I find around here are a red rusty color, and usually pretty worn...
Continued Good luck , & Happy hunting~

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice nickel and silver. As for the dogs, pepper spray works great. If it's illegal in your area a 50/50 mix of ammonia and water in a squirtgun comes in pretty handy too.

HH,
SgtSki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread