Another way to dump?

NjStacker22

Dec 9, 2012
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plan on ordering myself my first two boxes of halves tomorrow. My question is... is there any other way to dump besides using the coin machine (I bank through TD)? It's annoying for me and it's annoying for the tellers to not only hear me dumping $1,000 worth of half dollars but annoying because they have to change the bag out.

I know you guys deal with this on a daily/weekly basis. Any suggestions? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
This is why I don't think most people can take coin roll hunting as a hobby. It takes alot of personal respect, and courage, to walk into a bank, and dump all these coins, wait in lines. I really doubt the average person, texting & walking type person that is, would be able to do this at all. It takes alot of social and people skills and unfortunately alot of people lack that. If you lack that, or guts, you won't make it. I suggest you get used to using the coin machine, and stop being intimidated, and get dumping.

When the going gets tough the tough get going

OP
OP
N

NjStacker22

Dec 9, 2012
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or when the going gets tough, the tough go dumping***

BTW, I value your encouraging words my friend!! Makes me want to start dumping all over the place :laughing7: I guess what I really need to do is decide which bank I like the least and start feeding them clad til their ears bleed.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you, I felt a little awkward and intimidated at first too, but I quickly realized that this was a self-defeating mindset. Gotta be a proud CRH. I go into the bank, and I feel like I own the place now.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
50cent said:
Thank you, I felt a little awkward and intimidated at first too, but I quickly realized that this was a self-defeating mindset. Gotta be a proud CRH. I go into the bank, and I feel like I own the place now.

Talkin like a true G

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you..I have actually broke 2 machines doing it. But i stay humble and try not to even care what they think...I mean they are just my dump bank...treat them like an Ex GF :laughing7:

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Most TD's in my area change bags at $100 for halves to discourage dumping. It got to the point that I decided to only use them for occasional dumping, and ended up finding another 2 banks that had coin machines with one of them accepting boxes of rerolled coin.

On machine rolled halves, I just open one end & slide them out > slide them back in > fold over end. That's a quick way to reroll instead of using new wrappers.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Just my opinion but, if your going in every week and dumping a 1000 into a coin machine and they are changing bags out constantly, you will wear out your welcome fast with them and get cut of from using the machine, it has happened many times on here ( look at some past threads) many times, try to reroll or use bags or really spread out your dumps, I drive far away some weeks ( 50 miles) just to dump 2000-3000 at several branches. Good luck, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I do some of it, but I don't like the paper trail it leaves, it looks like I make thousands of dollars a week, and I don't, I wish I did. HH, Maverick.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talkin like a true G

Gangster Cat:

getoverit.gif

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a bank in town that there isn't a limit on their dumping so I use them as my dump bank. I usually get more coinage then I normally dump and deposit part of my dump in my account. They will be my primary dump site as if the beginning of the year since my CU is charging 50 cents per every 100 dollars dumped no matter if you have an account or not.

But you can also dump your coins at a local coinstar and use that money to get one of the E-giftcards, then find someone who will buy that giftcard from you. Check the coinstar website, you can pick your town and it will list what coinstars are availbe and what giftcards are avaible through each particular machine. we have one in a local grocery chain that has everything from Lowe's to amazon.com to Papa John's. Over 15 different giftcards. And you don't get charged the 10 cent per dollar fee.

Just an idea. Hope it helps.

Sincerely, Garoulady

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diggin-N-Dumps said:
I hear you..I have actually broke 2 machines doing it. But i stay humble and try not to even care what they think...I mean they are just my dump bank...treat them like an Ex GF :laughing7:

I can't avoid my dump bank.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could just cut the rolls with a razor knife, check the edges, and seal them with tape. That's what I've started doing after being cut off at the local banks.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dawg, you better not have any competition in your area, or they might do this to you!

Well, that's where I learned it... I got boxes from Loomis that had dumped rolls cut with a razor and sealed with tape.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
NjStacker22 said:
Plan on ordering myself my first two boxes of halves tomorrow. My question is... is there any other way to dump besides using the coin machine (I bank through TD)? It's annoying for me and it's annoying for the tellers to not only hear me dumping $1,000 worth of half dollars but annoying because they have to change the bag out.

I know you guys deal with this on a daily/weekly basis. Any suggestions? :icon_scratch:

Sometimes I just throw a jar of coins at the tellers and tell them to count it by hand

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
As I watch many of you argue how to do things I wonder if some of you can hear yourselves talk and actually believe what you say. I have just lost another supply bank because of the other collectors getting greedy. How many times do I have to experience other CRHers pushing the the envelope and wearing out my welcome. The good news is some of the banks I go to have asked the greedy CRHers not to come back but still smile when I come in. Greed will kill this hobby.
Pace yourself, we don't have a god given right to buy unlimited boxes and dump unlimited amounts. Use your heads, some banks don't mind large amounts but many do, think long term and find routines that are acceptable at your regular banks.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
quiksilver said:
As I watch many of you argue how to do things I wonder if some of you can hear yourselves talk and actually believe what you say. I have just lost another supply bank because of the other collectors getting greedy. How many times do I have to experience other CRHers pushing the the envelope and wearing out my welcome. The good news is some of the banks I go to have asked the greedy CRHers not to come back but still smile when I come in. Greed will kill this hobby.
Pace yourself, we don't have a god given right to buy unlimited boxes and dump unlimited amounts. Use your heads, some banks don't mind large amounts but many do, think long term and find routines that are acceptable at your regular banks.

Yes, small amounts are the key to this hobby, I order no morethan 2 boxes from each branch, only recently have 2 branches said I could order 4 with no problem, I have seen some order 6 or more for a branch, I think that would be excessive to order from one if my branches, some may get away with it, but I think anymore is a strain on them. Dump banks also, I take at most 1000 rolled up at a time and 2000 if it is bagged up in 500.00 bags for the ladies not to kill themselves lifting them. HHS, Maverick.

BuxSilvers

Greenie
Dec 10, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I bring in hand rolled halfs they will take them in instead of using the 5% member fee on their coin counter? or does every bank differ on this..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread