gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New ATP $600, Used Safari $700. I think you'll get a lot of votes for the AT Pro. I got mine on craigslist for $300 a couple of years ago, works great!!

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$300? Good deal, I've been searching Craigslist all over and cannot find a used one! There's a local guy with a used safari, but he's asking $1200. Lol, crazy

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. Thanks man, I'm going to check that out!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do not buy used no matter what brand or model

Call Bart at Bigboyshobbies

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How come? You can buy used on this forum.

There are reasons used detectors usually are a bad idea. Maybe it doesn't work right and repairs will cost more than it's worth. There is a good reason non Tesoro's detectors don't have good warrantee's.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome. Thanks man, I'm going to check that out!

I use a site called "Ad Huntr", google it. It is a site that you punch in what you're looking for and it has all the items on craigslist in the whole country. There are a huge amount of ATPs listed. Only problem is some folks don't wish to deal with anything but cash and do not wish to ship, and if you do send away you cannot test the machine. Still you can often find items that are not that far from you but are outside your local craigslist listing area. As to the naysayers, there are many many fine machines for sale on craidslist or ebay, many with little use since so many people upgrade after a year or two or just plain decide they don't have the patience for detecting. I had to drive seventy miles one way for my great ATP deal, it was an early model, but had been factory updated with the cam lock shaft and had the early pinpoint problem fixed by the factory and it has served me well for three years so far. A buddy of mine called Bart recently for a price on the Garrett AT pinpointer and was told $147, $20 more than you can buy them new on ebay, no deal there!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
AT Pro would be an easier transition, since you are coming from a Garrett. The machine works well.

I had one before I figured out that an XP Deus was the way to go. I don't think that you can get one for $600 or $700 though.

Best of luck to you brother!

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are slews of people out there that invested in a detector and after a few hunts put it in the closet to gather dust because they became frustrated or just didn't get into it.

Nothing wrong with those detectors and many are like new.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am really at a loss as to all the hype on the At-Pro. I will be listing one soon for sale. Warranty, original box headphones and Grey Ghost underwater headphones. Sure it is a good mid level machine but so are a few others. For a versatile machine that can be used underwater and on land it has a lot going for it. If you have no interest in taking it in fresh water, there are other machines that are just as good.

Do some research in your area if you can. See if there are any clubs and if possible go to one and ask questions. Look for people with no agenda and don't sell one brand. What works in one soil might not be the best for another soil.

OP
OP
W

Whiplash00

Jan 21, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help, Y'all are the best.
I pulled the trigger on the AT Pro through KellyCo. Loco-Digger found a sweet f70 on eBay for $400 but I had already bought the Garrett. I couldn't pass up the deal, I traded in a bounty hunter tracker IV and I got a new at pro with headphones, waterproof bag, shovels, gloves, all kinds of stuff for $519. It's supposed to be delivered to my house tomorrow. I appreciate everyone's help and I will post the first good find right here...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread