Another Winter LC

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO I headed back to the site where I found the 2 LC's on Friday. This property is enormous and there's two other old foundations on it besides the one I was at on Friday. These other ones are on a public trail and I'm quite sure they've been gone over before. The other one is very well hidden. I detected a spot that gets lots of sun and it was much better digging over there. I dug a ton of bullets and finally found a very deep buckle.

image-2383001943.jpg

Both foundations are located in an enormous field and I decided that I would pick a line between the two and detect that line in hopes that people used to walk between them . About half way across I got a nice signal and could tell it was deep. Deep enough that it won't give a number on my T2 SE. I dug a 7 or 8" in h plug and rescanned the hole. This time it showed a solid 88! By the time I retrieved it my pro pointer was at least 2 1/2 - 3" below the surface. I pulled out a very green coin. Had no idea until I got it home but after a quick HP bath I could see that it was an 1845 LC. I knew stuff was deep in this field but now know just how deep.

image-1757198298.jpg

Let me say that the T2 SE is incredible! This site is directly under huge power lines. Next time I hit this field it will be in BP mode. The T2 may well open up many so called hunted sites . I am ecstatic with this recovery and the circumstances of it! Yes this a picture from the site. It's a huge public area and I'm fine with people knowing its location :-)

image-3452193064.jpg

Upvote 4
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well done mr. Ahab. keep up the good work, waiting to see more great finds from you!
Thanks Dave. Might be a while now. We have some cold weather and snow rolling back in. I'm soooo happy to get in a couple of productive hunt so early this year. I have some incredible sites lined up this spring with great potential. But as you well know, this hobby is full of ups and downs. You just never know what's under your feet. That's why I love detecting, one surprise after another. Best of luck out there buddy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread