Antenna Function and Advertising Silliness

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok first off I underestimated the amount of people who lurk in this area of the forum. If you've read the TFR plans thread you've seen a really strange idea of how an antenna works. I've been pretty much bombarded by questions about it. So since this is where the questions are coming from I figured it will easier to address them here.

For this thread we are going to assume that all LRLs and dowsing rods do as they say. Both transmit and receive a molecular frequency or any type of wave for that matter. Play along Carl.:laughing7:

1. The other thread points to antennas receiving wave only through the tip. How did anyone one come to this conclusion you ask? Well the answer is simple. Carl Anderson's instruction manual. This is where the misconception originates. Mainly from the picture below.
antenna wrong.jpg

In reality virtually no antenna has any gain at the tip(another member also pointed this out also). Even directional antenna increase gain as the waves pass over the collectors or into the reflector. The area of a vertical monopole is bowtie-ish shaped radiating closer to the base of the antenna then up depending on the size of the ground plane. When in the horizontal plane like it is on a LRL there is no reflector which reduces the field to almost nothing except a tiny area near the base of the antenna. A dipole field is donut shaped radiating over more of the antenna length. Most are 1/4 wave with both a coil and mast widening the reception range.

In reality the frequencies claimed for EFNMR and MFD would require a 1/4 wave length antenna over 100 miles tall. Try carrying that around with you lol. Using a coil radiator you might be able to reduce it to like 20 miles.

2. Plastic is an insulator. You can't use an antenna with plastic tips since it will block the frequencies.

Yes plastic is an electrical insulator(kinda, maybe, can even be a conductor depending on usage) but does not block EM waves. This was just silly in it's entirety. I'm sure most everyone reading this forum either has A. computer with wifi and a router or B. A cell phone. C. Both. If plastic could block an EM field none of those devices would work either along with two way radios, every wifi enabled device and every modern cordless phone. And since paint and rubberized coating are also insulators this same effect would also apply.

So in short, yes every LRL that uses a rubberized antenna, extendable BNC, SMA or any type of coated antenna will work as good as they ever will. No you don't need to change antennas unless you're breaking them. No the Greeks and Chinese are not ripping you off(in terms of an antenna that is). No the antenna is probably not why you can't find anything and usually the least of the problems with your LRL. If you have a dipole or direction antenna on your LRL it's as good as it's going to get already.

This only covers very basic antenna operation since most doesn't apply to LRLs and dowsing rods. And hopefully this covered the bases.

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question for you... I'm an open-minded guy (and want to get rich) so I actually accept the theory behind this technology and attempt to make use of it on a regular basis. So far, I've come up empty. A more honest way of putting it is I've come up deep in the negative. Have you ever actually located and successfully recovered gold before with this tech? All of it seems to make sense. I want to believe.

OP
OP
D

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had been taught dowsing since I was 6 years old, first with sticks and then with Anderson rods. I've found gold beds for dredging and areas where I've recovered Spanish coins with a metal detector when I was in my early teens. But then I took a bigger interest in science and electronics. My father had dowsed and found gas and oil wells in PA and NY in the 50's and 60's along with water wells and was well known here in FL. In my mid teens I cataloged and mapped the areas where we had located stuff and pretty much found in those areas you could of just thrown a rock and found the same thing at the same percentage. The unpopulated areas where we were looking for small items didn't result in any real finds. So the real answer is depends how you look at it. Was the dowsing accurate or we're we just lucky enough to be standing in an area littered with targets?

While I can't travel anymore I still haven't lost the interest in dowsing, the paranormal and metaphysics so as long as people keep claiming they've found stuff with the units I'll keep making them. Will you get rich with one? Probably not. But then I've never gotten rich with my metal detector either. Ghost hunters use some of my stuff too and claim it's helped but as hard as tried I've never found a ghost either. Treasure hunting is like gambling, the odds are not usually in your favor.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of it seems to make sense. I want to believe.

And therefore you will believe, whether it makes sense or not. Which begs the question, what part of it makes sense?

macronova

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And therefore you will believe, whether it makes sense or not. Which begs the question, what part of it makes sense?

Well, no Carl. I don't actually believe 100% because I haven't yet made any recovery using the technology. However I do know that my MFG will create a line to the copper AC tubes I have sitting in the corner of my room when using the copper frequency. So I do have a certain amount of hope that its doing something. When Darke speaks all of his jargon about molecular frequency and vibration I tend to feel impressed even though I have no idea whether it means anything at all. I sure hope so!

OP
OP
D

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, no Carl. I don't actually believe 100% because I haven't yet made any recovery using the technology. However I do know that my MFG will create a line to the copper AC tubes I have sitting in the corner of my room when using the copper frequency. So I do have a certain amount of hope that its doing something. When Darke speaks all of his jargon about molecular frequency and vibration I tend to feel impressed even though I have no idea whether it means anything at all. I sure hope so!

The "jargon" is mostly to show how bad of an example NMR is for LRL function reasoning. It has so much fluctuation at low field in real world spectroscopy how could anyone say "my device has an absolute frequency for that element"? There's 1000's of peer reviewed articles on the internet alone. More if you have a subscription to published journals. It's amazing how everyone searching must of skipped right over them. Just like the antennas, there are people out who actually beleive painting the tip of an antenna somehow blocks the frequencies of magnetic minerals. I can't even wrap my head around how that work to create an even close to plausible explanation besides "it's magic".

I liken LRLs/dowsing to religion quite often. Carl is the boogeyman to most LRL sellers. They check under their bed every night to make sure he isn't there lol.

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not too bright but i do have a devise that catches pis from at least 10 miles away. So, if that technology was developed over 50 yrs ago maybe some day someone will invent something that detects from at least 10 ft away. Dreaming is not against the law!!!!

jones6780

Sep 29, 2018
Middle Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend that swears he can dowse cemeteries and tell if it's a man, woman, boy or girl. Said it only happened after heart trouble.

OP
OP
D

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a friend that swears he can dowse cemeteries and tell if it's a man, woman, boy or girl. Said it only happened after heart trouble.

I can understand some certain groups of people wanting to be able to this but how did he actually discover he had this ability? I mean did he just go "Hey I'm going to dowse some graves today" or something? Kind of an odd thing to discover you're capable of.

jones6780

Sep 29, 2018
Middle Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He has been dowsing for years and while researching genealogy, he would go out searching for family cemeteries. He was good at locating them dowsing, then after his heart trouble, said it felt different and he dowsed some known graves to learn how it was different.

OP
OP
D

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's interesting, thanks for sharing that. The traumatic and or near death experiences is also where many people seem to have developed heightened senses but I admit I was definitely wondering how he discovered that ability.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread