Anthonys and Bicentennials

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Not me, I personally find the Anthony design to be the ugliest design on a US coin, the only time I'd think of getting one is if I somehow found a proof or one of those 1979 varieties worth some $$$. As for bicentennials, before I really got into coin collecting I used to set them aside as special, but since there were well over a billion of them minted, it isn't really worth it.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep both, because even though they are not valueable, there aren't many around.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHAINCHOMP said:
nope. i agree, way too many made. no value above face.
I only keep the 1999 anthony's, and the 1981 anthony's of course(those were only issued in mint sets- only have gotten 1 over the years) and the ones from sanfrancisco(they made circulation strikes for 1979 and 1980)

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
BuffaloBoy said:
CHAINCHOMP said:
nope. i agree, way too many made. no value above face.
I only keep the 1999 anthony's, and the 1981 anthony's of course(those were only issued in mint sets- only have gotten 1 over the years) and the ones from sanfrancisco(they made circulation strikes for 1979 and 1980)

i might keep a 1981 if its in good condition, or a proof if it looks good, but whats so special about the 1999's, and san fran mint?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread