Anti relic hunting bill in KY - UPDATE

Mark S.

Jan 25, 2005
UPDATE - This bill has been withdrawn. Do not know why. Maybe they realized their antics have been exposed!

Here is a new one in KY. Since they cannot get the "permit" bill through they
are trying back door methods. This one is a rewrite of existing law. It changes
wording and adds new. Specifically it would make it the law to have written
permission from property owners. This an attempt to make it harder for people to
obtain permission for all forms of relic hunting. In addition to criminalizing
not having written permission.

The number is HB 379

link http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/record/11rs/HB379/bill.doc

Presently in the committee on Tourism Development & Energy

Start contacting your representative in the House

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Legislators.htm

KYshooter

Nov 28, 2009
Kentucky
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Whites MXT, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Anti relic hunting bill in KY

Just sent an e-mail to my rep.

Truly, these people have way too much time on their hands ... trying to legislate metal detecting on private lands.

Idiots ... :tongue3:

Ky Ed

Jan 15, 2010
Louisville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Re: Anti relic hunting bill in KY

I have already sent an email asking Senator Dan Seum to vote (no) to that bill. Please contact your Senator and say no to that bill. Also ask your Senators to vote yes on State Bill 81 to allow metal detecting in the Ky. State Parks in improved areas to promote tourism in Kentucky. The State Archaeologist (George Crothers) has said if we find a penny with a metal detector it belongs to the commonwealth not to the person who found it. The penny by the way was a 2007 date; not several hundred years old. Wonder what law states that? Antiquities ACT? I don't think so! Federal ARPA Act states that any rock, coin,bullet and mineral is exempt from being considered an Artifact of significance by this Act Section 12 Item (B) under Savings Provision. Ky Ed By the way! The State Commissioner is totally against metal detecting in the State Parks. Regardless of the public cry, he says no! Let's get our rights back. He is the overseer of the Parks not the dictator.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions