antique aunt jamima cookie jar & 1888 pat cast iron & porcelain "lemon squeezer"

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
antique aunt jamima cookie jar & 1888 pat cast iron & porcelain "lemon squeezer"

attended a "estate sale" that was in a out of the way --off the beaten path -- out in the country area *--

there was a old family farm house --the old man that lived there had died and the grandkids were emptying out the house contents as well as the contents of a very very old wooden barn that looked as if it was about to fall over at the first strong wind

out of the barn comes this old old looking box -- loaded with kitchen stuff that all looked to be late 1800 to early 1900 stuff --say 1880 to maybe 1920 era --most likely it was put away into the barn when some past family member died long ago and a 'new family' member took over the farm --putting the old person's kitchen gear into storage long ago -- as i looked around thru the box -- i noticed a totally intact in great shape antique "black face" type aunt jamima type cookie jar * ( there are modern remakes out there but this one is "for real" since all the items in the box were all 1920 at the very latest -this is NOT A MODERN REMAKE. )-- also in the box was a 1888 pat era type cast iron and porcelain lemon squeezer -- the sqeezer lists on e bay from 20 to 40 bucks and the only other aunt jamima similar to mine I can find is listed art $300 on e bay -- I paid $2 for the squeezer and $5 for the antique 'black face" aunt jamima cookie jar.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love old kitchen stuff. My latest find is a carving set with staghorn handles and sterling bolsters, pat'd May 7, 1878.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread