Antique cast iron banks

pro_golfer77

Oct 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Today I found a couple of antique cast iron banks. One is the trick dog bank made in Taiwan. It's in, I think, really good working condition. No broken or missing parts and paint is good.
The other is a birdie putt bank. Also in good working condition. No missing parts. But putts like me (can't make a putt)::laughing7:
I am really new at this and would like to know where I can find out their value.
I checked on eBay and saw one trick dog for $90. Wiki-answers said the value could be around $600.
The birdie bank ranged anywhere from $5 to $60.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 804
Last edited:
Upvote 0

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I collected them in the 1990's and a lot are fake . Look at the bottom , what does it say ?
Glen

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry ti say but if it says made in Taiwan than its definitely a repro - 100% certain. Taiwan didn't even exist as a country when the originals were made.

Real ones are extremely rare to find in good condition. Examples can go for tens of thousands of dollars. They are highly collectible. Big auction selling off a great collection recently.

Best.

OP
OP
P

pro_golfer77

Oct 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for your response. Yeah I knew the Taiwan stamp was an indication that they were probably not the pot of gold, but they are both in working condition and hopefully I will make a few $$$ on them. The ones I did see on ebay were also Taiwan models.
Thanks again.
Lenny

OP
OP
P

pro_golfer77

Oct 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for your response. I did see those originals when I first googled these banks and I was really stoked. But then I quickly realized that that's not what I had. After googling Taiwan, I did see that, because mine are in good working condition, they should be worth a couple of $$.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread