Antique gold poke

S

stefen

As with a lot of historic items, what you have may be hand crafted and not manufactured...and as to value, you may need an appraisal by a pro.

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly would not part with it my own opinion simply because its a family airloom and if ya tried to get it appraised there not going to give ya the fair market and tell ya o we will give you only this much but what they will not tell you whats it really worth. I have been a auction gallery manger and seen all kinds stuff and heard all the BS that goes with it its a cruel world be careful.
sincerely garrettman64

S

stefen

There are many antique fairs and shows where a person can bring items for legitimate appraisals...and not to obtain purchase offers...whereby they pay an appraisal fee and recieve an objective value...this is quite common, at least in our region of the country.

Many times, this is the only means to find the history and value of such items...

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
check the website for the Fred Holabird auctions. Once you are
on it there are options to search current and past sales. they specialize
in mining tools and relics and if anyone would know what a miner's
poke sold for it would be them. do a google search for "fred holabird"
and it will provide links in the listings. good luck, siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread