Antique porcelain doll

Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a antique porcelain doll that I'm trying to figure out how old she is and where she was made. I received her as a gift as a little girl from my aunt who got her as a gift. So between the two of us she is 70 years old. She was a old doll when my aunt received her so I'm not sure how old she is. She is 26 inches tall has no markings that I can find she has the original bloomer's and crindoline. She has a blue dress but it is not the original dress. securedownload-18.jpeg securedownload-16.jpeg securedownload-19.jpeg securedownload-7.jpeg securedownload-10.jpeg

Attachments

• securedownload-9.jpeg
    securedownload-9.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
OP
OP
V
Nov 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I removed her clothes to look for markings and to try and have the dress cleaned.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:hello: Welcome to t-net! :occasion16: I don't find your doll creepy at all -- she just needs a doll stand, pretty dress on, and good lighting! :sunny:
I'm 71 years old and your doll is definitely many years older than I am because that wasn't the type of dolls we had as kids. To find out her age & other info, try posting your pics on the "What is it?" forum on this website. In addition, there's many online websites about older dolls, so you can google around for similar pictures, though the lack of markings may make it a bit harder. I did some online doll research for friends & myself when I was in a "doll club" a few years ago, and found that e-bay sellers are among those online who have nicely detailed info about antique dolls.
HAVE FUN & LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT! Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread