Antique store find.

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I was driving in town, and I noticed that the antique store that I usually go to was closing. They’re going out of business on August 31 because the owners are moving to Oregon.

I decided to go in there and take one last look around. While I was in there, I found this for US$35.00.

IMG_0146.jpeg

IMG_0148.jpeg

This is a 16mm projector. However, that’s not what’s amazing about this find.

When I got home, I did some tests and discovered it was working. It’s in very good condition. Then, I was looking at it to see if I could find out any idea of its age. When I looked underneath the projector, I discovered this.

IMG_0145.jpeg

According to the inspection dates and the school that this once belonged to, there is a SMALL chance that my great grandfather may have used this projector.

My great grandfather and my great great grandfather both worked at this school. However, my great grandfather worked at the school around the time these inspections on this piece of equipment took place.

I don’t know for sure, but it is possible that my great grandfather may have used this piece of equipment at one point. I just don’t know.

It’s interesting to think about, though.

Regardless, I got a nice 16 mm projector out of the deal.

Jared

Upvote 10

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I was driving in town, and I noticed that the antique store that I usually go to was closing. They’re going out of business on August 31 because the owners are moving to Oregon.

I decided to go in there and take one last look around. While I was in there, I found this for US$35.00.

View attachment 2102023

View attachment 2102024

This is a 16mm projector. However, that’s not what’s amazing about this find.

When I got home, I did some tests and discovered it was working. It’s in very good condition. Then, I was looking at it to see if I could find out any idea of its age. When I looked underneath the projector, I discovered this.

View attachment 2102025

According to the inspection dates and the school that this once belonged to, there is a SMALL chance that my great grandfather may have used this projector.

My great grandfather and my great great grandfather both worked at this school. However, my great grandfather worked at the school around the time these inspections on this piece of equipment took place.

I don’t know for sure, but it is possible that my great grandfather may have used this piece of equipment at one point. I just don’t know.

It’s interesting to think about, though.

Regardless, I got a nice 16 mm projector out of the deal.

Jared
Nice!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread