WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this site, treasurenet.com, a couple months ago, while googling bottles. I fell in love with it! As I mentioned on here before, we have a farm with lots of trash sites and my neighbors have even found native American artifacts. My most productive spot has been this creek that our driveway crosses over. The one where I said every spring a bottle surfaces. The foundation of the original house is just up hill from the creek and I narrowed down the flow of the debris into the creek. Last night I hear this noise I ASSUMED was my husband on the tractor. I finally decided to go see what he was up to. What I find is this backhoe operator digging up my creek! He wasn't quite to the sweet spot but was heading that way. I start heading to the barn to ask hubby about it. All kinds of thoughts and emotions are railing inside me. Like, "what the crap! He knows what I've been up to with this creek!" Counter with rational thinking, "he told you about needing to work on the creek and this is why he said he didn't care if you destroyed the bank." Then back again to, "this guy's going to break so many bottles!" Then to, " calm down, you can't lose it in front of Mark (friend in the barn with hubby). " And, "hey, think of all the stuff that could turn up."
I managed to ask questions and remained calm. I did express that I just wanted to cry. Really I wanted to cry, scream, and throw up! He encouraged me to go talk to the guy. I grabbed a shovel so I could make a last ditch effort to find a bottle before they got smashed to smitherings! Walked out to the guy and he turns off the backhoe and asks, " Let me guess. This is your favorite spot in the creek, isn't it?" I guess all those emotions were written all over my face.
Well, he finished straightening out the creek, scooping up his side of the creek and being a little more cautious of not disturbing my side. I did make a frantic dig to find bottles, but found broken one, glass and pottery. I got out of his way and walked down the creek to see if he did by chance turn anything up. Found nothing but a zillion ticked off mosquitoes!

One man's trash is another's treasure.

Thank you, treasure net, for giving me a place to share/vent!

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I know the feeling when I drive by a spot that I detect and see it paved over.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for putting it into perspective! At least mine is still dirt and rocks.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can understand your concern but then again think of all that stuff that will get rolled up for you to find......Man it would be fun to metal detect your yard....

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I am very blessed! There are a lot of different treasures to hunt for here. However, my house has not been cleaned for months! It is quite dusty! I started with researching the cemetery on the land. That led me to my own genealogy. I am supposed to have native American in my blood but I can't find it. Skip to bottles, to stones, metal detecting, even put magnet in the creek. Mostly I found out that this place has a lot of trash! But it's addicting! Considering the area, I highly doubt I'll find anything that will enable me to retire!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dusting is against my religion.

Nice job preventing more damage to your property.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good that you limited his digging to his side of the creek,,
I have a property I'm buying that has a creek running across it.
I'm definitely going to have to search it's banks.
Good post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread