Antique U.S. Air Force Button, need help identifying makers mark, age, value? Thanks

jnefores1

Aug 10, 2016
Leesburg V.A.
Detector(s) used
had one but gave it to my favorite uncle, will get a new soon but instead of a detector I use my spider senses at the auctions I go to in order to find and buy lots of awesome stuff for cheap
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello Fellow Treasure Finders, Seekers of the Grail, Legends of Past Present and Future Treasure Discover History Etc. ; I need a hand identifying this makers mark, age, value perhaps, and any other general information you have about the item.

It is a Vintage/Antique U.S. Air Force (I believe) Button with a screw on back or clasp.

Please let me know if you have any info and thanks for allowing me to join!

From what I can see the back of the button seems to have a luster as if it were sterling silver and it looks like the makers mark could be one of these several Options:
  • S181 WC
  • 1818 VVC
  • S181 VVC
  • WC S181
    • 1815 triangle triangle C
    • 1815 tear drop tear drop C
    button 3.JPG Button.JPG button 1.JPG IMG_3403.JPG IMG_3412.JPG IMG_3411.JPG IMG_3409.JPG IMG_3408.JPG IMG_3407.JPG IMG_3406.JPG IMG_3405.JPG IMG_3404.JPG

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
They are for the side chinstrap attachments on the sides of a visor cap, post 1947 of course.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread