Antique Wall Phone with Possible Historical Significance

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
The phone itself likely dates close to WWII or before and if it was an official White House phone, then who knows, it could have been used by Roosevelt himself. The contract/service for the phone was provided by the American Telephone and Telegraph Company (AT&T) and they may still have the records that show that the phone was installed in the White House. Hey, it is worth a shot to call someone at AT&T. I am sure that they will pass you on to someone else, then someone else, then someone else but you might actually get an answer and find you hit the jackpot.

Good luck!

Frank

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The phone itself likely dates close to WWII or before and if it was an official White House phone, then who knows, it could have been used by Roosevelt himself. The contract/service for the phone was provided by the American Telephone and Telegraph Company (AT&T) and they may still have the records that show that the phone was installed in the White House. Hey, it is worth a shot to call someone at AT&T. I am sure that they will pass you on to someone else, then someone else, then someone else but you might actually get an answer and find you hit the jackpot.

Good luck!

Frank

You would likely die of old age before you got anyone on the line that knew how to handle a billing discrepancy at AT&T, much less someone that knew about the history of an antique telephone and its use.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You would likely die of old age before you got anyone on the line that knew how to handle a billing discrepancy at AT&T, much less someone that knew about the history of an antique telephone and its use.

LOL!! I am already pretty old, so I might have to wait for the person with AT&T to catch up to my age!:tongue3::laughing7:

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread