• Total voters

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello all,
Here's another idea I had while surfing the site this morning.

I was just wondering if the "Antiques Roadshow", or some of their affiliates, might be interested in coming to the site to help us try and identify a few items, or give us a few history lessons on some of the more unusual finds. They could probably even edit the content in such a way it would make a great episode for their show... If they would be willing to come, we could even start another category, or thread, to post items you wanted to try and get some information on...

I would be willing to email, or try to contact, them about the idea and I'm sure there are probably a few others that would also..

What do ya think?
*Good Idea...
*Bad Idea...
*Might be worth a shot...
*Not good at all...

Just a thought I had, so I thought I would throw it out here...
Have a great day, Leon...

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes good idea !!!!!
I have some gold coins , gold watches and real old gold/silver jewelery that i would be happy to submit to them (to find out what their worth) good idea , go for it, please keep me informed. george

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I think it'd be a great idea! However, we'd probably learn just how worthless most of this stuff is. :P haha.

But YES, a great idea!

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Well, I sent an email to them about 4 days ago, haven't gotten any kind of responce. as of yet. Probably doesn't look good though, I found this on their site in the Commonly asked questions section.. ( link is to the answer about on-line appraisals ):
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/roadshow/site/faqs.html#appraisals_13

Maybe if enough of us ask, it would help,, maybe not...
I should have sent them a few links to some of the items people want an ID for, or information on, to give them an example of what it would be like...

Anyway, still waiting for a responce...

Ooops,
P.S.> I did give them your contact info Marc, so maybe they will get in touch with you...

able_walker

Jun 25, 2007
Maybe get "History Detectives" on the case of the Netball,World Cup,Olympic lug nuts...... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread