393.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 3-1-11 2.jpg
    3-1-11 2.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

That's nice color. :thumbsup:

Hey this might be a stupid question but why do folks collect those antlers? If I find some, should I save them for you guys?

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Antlers are big business around here.
Everybody is in the woods right now looking for em.

OP
OP
archer66

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
Felinepeachy said:
That's nice color. :thumbsup:

Hey this might be a stupid question but why do folks collect those antlers? If I find some, should I save them for you guys?

Hey Peachy.....

Lots of folks collect them to simply put in a pile somewhere, others use them to make knife handles, lamps, and other works of art. The one I found today...had I found it's mate would make a fantastic picture frame or candle holder if I were talented enough to make one (I'm not).

I'd be willing to bet you know some folks who would be glad to take any antlers you find off your hands but if you don't you should still pick them up...especially if they are in a farmers field. A deer antler can really do a number on a farmers tractor tire.... you'd be doing the landowner a favor if you picked em up. Might not hurt to ask ahead of time and make sure the landowner doesn't want them for himself before you take them.

OP
OP
archer66

archer66

May 3, 2009
Northeast Missouri
Th3rty7 said:
I wonder if some blades are spilling out of those creek banks. Nice pics and finds.

I wish I knew for sure where they were originating....I haven't found anything sticking out of the banks yet but this is my 4th find within say 150 linear feet of creek in the last week. There is so much rock to look at I'm sure I've walked right by all kinds of stuff. This particular creek runs between two high ridges and the whole area is covered by timber.

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
very cool finds, I would hate to look through all those leaves those,lol , as for the antler alot of knappers are into making knives with the antler now, I made this almost 4 years ago to cut my daughters umbilical cord with at the hospital, coral blade, I found the coral and cooked it and my buddy made the blade, Its now in a frame with her piece of cord

DSCF4044-1.jpg

DSCF3974.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread