any advice for hunting old school sites?

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
J

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I hate to say, but im pretty sure somebody beat me to the old school. Oh well, I knew it was too good to be true. Lol. I did find some cool stuff though. I could tell that whomever went through this place only dug high and clean tones. All of my "good" stuff was found next to or underneath trash. Two silvers, one indianhead, and two rings was the "good" stuff. Bunch of clad and some toy cars was the "ok" pile and the rest was garbage. So much trash I didn't even put all of it in the pic. My counter didn't have enough room. Haha. It was a good time anyway!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130303_160620.png
    ForumRunner_20130303_160620.png
    159 KB · Views: 125
  • ForumRunner_20130303_160638.png
    ForumRunner_20130303_160638.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 122

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2 silvers an Indian head and 2 rings would be a banner hunt day in Cincinnati! Great job!

OP
OP
J

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 silvers an Indian head and 2 rings would be a banner hunt day in Cincinnati! Great job!

I just thought for sure I had a sweet spot that was gonna give up some killer goods...ever the optimist I am. lol. I was happy to find these items though, dont get me wrong. I dont think the mens size "ring" has any value. Kinda looks like a piece of pipe or something but i found both of them right next to eachother and it's pretty smooth, round, and even in thickness. Yet to be determined what its made of. The silvers and the indian were all in the same hole as nails or pop tabs, which is why im guessing they were still there!

OP
OP
J

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also wanted to say to all that commented, I am beginning to realize the limits of my machine....I need an upgrade. I may have been able to get some more good stuff if I had some more depth. If/when I get a better machine, I WILL be back to this school. HH!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I always do good between home plate and pitcher's mound. For some reason I find gold rings there, I think the southpaw pitcher would have a tendency to pitch his wedding band away when pitching.....nge

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions